The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got pulled over on the island of Montreal today i am in town fairly often but never got pulled over for the tinted plate cover i have on...anyway the fuzz got me on montagne asked for licence registration and proof of insurance gave it and asked them why i was being pulled over he said "do you have something over your plates?" i said "yes the covers ?" he said they would have to be removed immediatly...
so i took them off and he said that they arent even allowed to have plate frames like the ones they have from the dealerships and that normally they are sapposed to collect the contraband but i could keep them and put them back on when i got to the states.(which theyre not legal in vt either but i didnt tell him that when he asked) ...appearantly you are sapposed to get a ticket that you need to pay immediatly of $142 because i was on "the island of montreal"
i also had a ticket from febuary for speeding on 35 that hasnt been paid yet but he made no mention of it....luck or normal??

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Montreal drivers are some of the worst ever. I've been driving there for the past two weeks and I'm amazed each and every day...

·
Steelie Crew Member #001
1,106 Posts
jaltima said:
Montreal drivers are some of the worst ever. I've been driving there for the past two weeks and I'm amazed each and every day...
we not the bad ones... The outsiders that don't know how to handle the roads or directions here are the problem...;)

Seriously speaking though... Montreal drivers are aggressive and fast. Not dangerous. Whats dangerous is Ottawa and Gatineau drivers at least the older crowd. Only place I saw a driver brake in the left lane to a stop so they could cut off 2 lanes and make the exit... AHHHHHH You get killed him for that shit...

I need a **** you horn!

·
Captain Obvious!
874 Posts
about him not mentionning your ticket from hwy 35....its probably beacause is the City of Montreal police that stopped you and that the SQ (provicial police) that gave you a ticket on the 35.

They only way they would of known is if there was a seizure warrant on your car (been there).

·
Steelie Crew Member #001
1,106 Posts
240_alty said:
about him not mentionning your ticket from hwy 35....its probably beacause is the City of Montreal police that stopped you and that the SQ (provicial police) that gave you a ticket on the 35.

They only way they would of known is if there was a seizure warrant on your car (been there).
didn<t think about that... That would explain it. That reminds me I have to go pay today...LOL

·
Registered
48 Posts
when i had my 91 sentra i had the blacked out plate cover and black outs for my headlights and got pulled over and was told to take both plate cover and black outs off. he let me go with a warning but it's besides the point.

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
jaltima said:
Montreal drivers are some of the worst ever.
Bahahaha. Depends what you mean by "worst". If you mean skilled but too aggressive, then yes. ;)

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
No I don't mean skilled at all lol. Half the time their car is in the other lane and people are always stopping and looking around instead of pulling over. Not to mention on the highway they never get out of your way. In Ontario if someone see's you comming up fast 90% of the time they'll get out of the way.

·
Steelie Crew Member #001
1,106 Posts
jaltima said:
No I don't mean skilled at all lol. Half the time their car is in the other lane and people are always stopping and looking around instead of pulling over. Not to mention on the highway they never get out of your way. In Ontario if someone see's you comming up fast 90% of the time they'll get out of the way.
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLlll NO

No ever gets out of the fast lane in ontario. They stay there for like 10km until I get pissed and pass of the right... I could prolly count on my right hand the amount of people that do that in ontario, get out of the way that is...

·
DIY'er
6,658 Posts
I constantly travel between Ottawa and Toronto. So does Josh. People Do get out of your way. Of course there is always the pair of seniors that don't go fast enough to pass 18 wheelers but thats an exception. Generally people do get out of the way if your speeding by. I must say I don't see the same when i'm in quebec..

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Yup..two trips to TO in the past two weeks and I was amazed. I'll be doing a good 140-160k and the cars up ahead will jump in the right lane until I pass. As Billy said you get the odd idiot that will hold you up for a few but that happens everywhere. In Montreal there's like 4 lanes of highway and everyone's doing 110.....Move the **** over!!

<<<<Has a problem with road rage...

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
jaltima said:
In Ontario if someone see's you comming up fast 90% of the time they'll get out of the way.
what I hate most are the people who either ignore you or know you are there and they think they are driving fast enough at 105kph to be in the fast lane.

there are still tons of people in Toronto who don't get it when you blink your high beams at them for 5 km while driving slow as turds. even with my new air horns some people ignore me. (nb, my headlights are aimed high too so you can't tell me that they can't see it.

most of the time people get out of the way but what also annoys me are the people who get out of the way of a faster car and then they get back into the fast lane and block the next car.

the only thing that might be worse, are the drivers who immediatly jump over to the fast lane when there are no cars on the other 3 lanes. why do people insist on driving in the fast lane when there are no cars insight besides you. [/end vent] anyway, I make it a habit to drive in the right or middle lane and only change left to pass. left lane hogs should be shot if they cannot get up to speed to pass people. it makes you wonder if people don't notice when they get passed on the right by a bunch of fast moving cars.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
coach said:
what I hate most are the people who either ignore you or know you are there and they think they are driving fast enough at 105kph to be in the fast lane.
Ya that really pisses me off. I don't care if your going 180, if I'm behind you and I want to go faster get out of my way. I had some guy slam on his brakes once when I was in my beater...Boy was he not expecting what he got. You just can't **** around like that with people like me.

·
Got... OVERSTEER!!??
585 Posts
bulletproof said:
we not the bad ones... The outsiders that don't know how to handle the roads or directions here are the problem...;)

Seriously speaking though... Montreal drivers are aggressive and fast. Not dangerous. Whats dangerous is Ottawa and Gatineau drivers at least the older crowd. Only place I saw a driver brake in the left lane to a stop so they could cut off 2 lanes and make the exit... AHHHHHH You get killed him for that shit...

I need a **** you horn!
Amen brother!

·
Got... OVERSTEER!!??
585 Posts
jaltima said:
In Ontario if someone see's you comming up fast 90% of the time they'll get out of the way.
ok, then how come every time I'm doing 90 kph in the left lane on the 40 the car inches in front of me has Ontario plates? hehe sorry man but they must keep the other 10% for when they're in Quebec.

·
Got... OVERSTEER!!??
585 Posts
ars said:
wtf??? They pull u over for a license cover, while they never stopped me doing 60 in a 30km zone. And I saw how some biches hit a girl bad and cops let them go. Montreal is weird.
Montreal cops aren't wierd, they're just lazy. They don't stop you in a 30kph zone under 60kph. (source : Ville St-Laurent police officer) and well, bitches are too much trouble so they usually let them go.

·
Got... OVERSTEER!!??
585 Posts
240_alty said:

It doesn't matter weather the SQ or the SPVM gives you a ticket. They both have access to your record. The only reason he didn't mention it is because it hasn't been long enough for them to suspend your license. If so he would have known about it right away and would have had the car towed. This actually happened to me in downtown Montreal.

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
jaltima said:
You can't be serious.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts