The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after I installed the swa pulley when I hit the gas the car pulled so hard it scared me a little, I couldn't believe how much pull it had. then a week later I notice the seal was leaking so I replaced it and now the car dont have the pull anymore. I'm not sure if the belts are to loose or tight. Do anyone know what the problem could be. I also thought about changing the alternator belt to a smaller one because with the 52'' belt I have to adjust it alot

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
look in ur owners manual, it tells u how much deflection there should be in the belts.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the manual i also took it to a shop and they said everything was ok but I noticed a big drop in performance when they was tighten and with them being loose I get a loud screeching noise when I start the car and when turning. i'm not sure which belt is responsible for the noise

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
no shit there is a drop in performance. if it is lose, it would not drive the waterpump and power steering pump properly. unless u have ur ac on, ac belt should not squeak.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
let me clarify this when they are tight I get a drop in power
when they are loose I gain performance but alot of screaching

at the moment they are tight and I had a local mechanic check them

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
exactly. if they are loose, they won't drive ur accessories. so they won't drain the engine power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts