The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Old Newbie
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for those of you who missed my first post about the pulley here is the full deal. My pulley got here Saturday and I couldnt have been more excited. IT all went down hill trying to find the belts cause some people actually laughed when i asked if they carried Gates brand belts. Finally find a store in North East D.C. about an hour from my house. First i get lost getting there cuz the directions sucked and on my way I notice i am the only white person around for 5 miles. I finally make it to the store and pay 65 bucks for the 3 belts. I make it home 2 hours later and begin the installation. Its all goin smoothly until i find out that the old pulley is on too hard to skip the pulley puller rental. So I call around to some auto stores to find one. Three trak autos had their tools broken, two had them lost, and one had it for 60 dollars down, but then he couldnt find it. So finally i find someone at work who had the puller. I get the puller the next day and boom it comes off like clockwork. Then i put the UO pulley on and unlike every other person on the planet mine DID NOT slide right on. I had to get it down lightly with a rubber mallet. So hoo rah im done right? no of course not the FREAKING BELTS to the alternator do not fit. I cant knock the pulley because im an amateur at this, this is more of a warning for newbies like me to doing this themselves. Perhaps my luck just sucks a big one who knows, maybe thats why 2 minutes ago i had some cargo in my nissan truck just slide back and break my rear windows. Back to the subject at hand. If you have a 2000 altima please PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST tell me what size belts you wound up using. I will post the sizes of the three i have in a minute or two.

·
I am the universe.
1,034 Posts
dude, i feel your pain. Everyone here's probably had the same type of problems, I know I have. I can't offer much of technical help here, but you'll get through. And it will feel great afterwards.
Good luck.

·
Old Newbie
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive got nothing but love for my car, but god damn if we arent in the most expensive and frustrating hobby out there. and here are my gates belt sizes , K060505, K040325, K060512

·
Old Newbie
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well that eases my mind a bit, was worried i had the wrong one. Now i just need someone with a 2000 gxe to post their belt sizes. i will be their slave

·
Old Newbie
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes you have told me before, lets not rub it in lest i have to kill you, i had so many black hoods yelling cracker and get the **** out of here at me it was crazy, sometimes i wish i could just pull a gun on those assholes and teach them some respect, but then i would be no better than them, i keep getting off topic, sorry im still venting, and i will be until i get those god damn belts, please someone give me the sizes i know im not the only schmuck to put this thing on a 2000 gxe

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
damn that sux, i hate going through all the pain of not having the right tools to do the job:eek:

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
USARMY2LT said:
yes you have told me before, lets not rub it in lest i have to kill you, i had so many black hoods yelling cracker and get the **** out of here at me it was crazy, sometimes i wish i could just pull a gun on those assholes and teach them some respect, but then i would be no better than them, i keep getting off topic, sorry im still venting, and i will be until i get those god damn belts, please someone give me the sizes i know im not the only schmuck to put this thing on a 2000 gxe
but anyways, i could swear someone posted the belt sizes before. have you tried searching?

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
damn that sux, i hate going through all the pain of not having the right tools to do the job:eek:
me too. what i wouldn't give to own a garage full of every tool known to man

·
Old Newbie
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
of course, victor would rape me if i didnt, many have posted belt sizes but leave out the year and model of their car

·
coffee black and egg whit
1,918 Posts
well, i have a 2000 altima and a pulley....hmm, where to start off....

well i simply bought the 2 recommended gates belts, not even teh 3rd alternate....my 2 belts cost a total of like 31 dollars...

ummm everything fit fine and there wasnt any trouble

oh and btw, you didnt really have to use gates brand belts, you could have found a closer autoparts store that would cross reference them with a different brand, kind of like duracell to energizer watch batteries....although, gates belts are known as being quality

·
11,384 Posts
You need the K060520.

I had the same issue. I bought the 507 and the 512, and the 512 was too short, so I didn't even try the 507. There is a shop near my house that has them in stock, if you need me to pick one up for you, I can do that. I work in Rockville, not sure how far that is from you....and I live in Alexandria.

My pulley didn't slide right on either, I got it started then used the bolt to push it on.

·
Liquid-Ink Venom Kit!
783 Posts
I did not get the Gates belts either.....they cross referenced them with Kelly Springfield belts.......Works fine.....I hear those are good belts as well......Gates may be a regional kind of brand that is not found in the northeast too easily.......anyway you got it on right?.......

I need to tighten the ac belt......it gets a bit squeaky when it rains at the moment...i think i have read posts about that happening.....right?

·
Old Newbie
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The 520 huh, ok should i also buy a 525 or something as the alternate, i appreciate the offer rockville is right by me, but i need to go to the same shop to do the exchange anyhow

·
Old Newbie
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok all they had was the 060525 which was the same size as stock, so now i need to find someone who has the 060520, I call trakauto who has Dayco i heard that the Dayco 5060520 is the same size as the gates 520 but the idiots at trakauto have no idea what im talking about, said they need a reference number, am i smoking pot?

·
Old Newbie
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok i went to trak auto they said they dont carry and model 520 belts with a 6 groove set. Im dieing here, i miss my car!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts