The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am having trouble getting the antenna mast out of the motor assembly. The Haynes manual says you should just be able to pull it out (assuming the ring on the body panel is taken off and the radio is turned to the ON position). However, whenever I try to pull the mast out I can get it fully extended, but it seems that it is locked in by something else. It's not bent on the bottom, because I have been able to extend it all the way. And there's no way to remove the mast by opening up the motor assembly (Don't know why they decided this design for an antenna was a great idea, cause it's really not). I have tried this with three different motor assemblies and I have wound up coming up with the same problem every time. Anyone have any suggestions on getting the mast completely out, besides buying a new antenna?

·
Registered
24 Posts
You should be able to take the mast out. I hate freakin motorized antennas. Mined acted up all winter and then since middle of april its been coming 3/4 of the way up and then coming all the way down (probably due to temperature change). I would probably check to see if there is enough grease around the gears or shave the sucker off.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have all of the toothed cable removed, but cant get the end of the mast to come out. I have removed the nut/ring and plastic base. The bottom of the new mast has a small lip on it. If the old mast is the same design then I would say that it this lip which is catching on something.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dude, instead of bumping old posts to describe the same problem. Just make a new post that explains just your particular problem.
I thought it would be easier to show the steps that I followed leading up to my problem. I also know that people that contributed to the threads would get notified of a new post and they might have had similar experiences.

I am happy to comply with local customs.

thanks,
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts