The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since the altima has the same engine as the 240sx, do you guys know if we can buy a ur pully for 240sx and put it on the altima. and if not, does anybody have a part number or reference as to what size of belts that i need to buy when i swap out the pully?

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Why when you could just get one for tha Altima ??? Becides , I dont think it will work either !!

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SHAWN said:
Why when you could just get one for tha Altima ??? Becides , I dont think it will work either !!
because i know where i can get one for $120 or so shipped.

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and even if i can't isn't the belt size smaller. if so, i need to know what size of belt that i need to buy.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Won't work. Check the part numbers from Unorthodox Racing. The part numbers are different.

Plus the 240SX is in a rear drive configuration. I would guess some of the the internals are interchangable with the Altima, but not external bolt ons.

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
Is Unorthodox ever going to make a complete pulley set for our cars?

·
U13 Drifter
1,136 Posts
my friends pulley for his 240 is very much different than mine.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Thom said:
Is Unorthodox ever going to make a complete pulley set for our cars?
Doubtful. And you want to know why? We don't have the dedication to our Altima compared other people with other cars. Not to mention we are a bunch of cheap bastards. Just count how many people own GReddys catbacks. There would be too little demand for a full pulley set. Look at the Maxima guys. Now there's a different bunch. When they have meets, they roll in like 50+ cars. Plus almost everyone is sporting HID's.

·
Registered
48 Posts
and this is for a bg reason the maxima guys are sporting more and better they obviously have more money that us cheap asses to buy a max not an alty

·
isSs rolling a 2k3sentra
602 Posts
2ndgen said:
because i know where i can get one for $120 or so shipped.
UR pulley used or new???

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
WILL NOT WORK.

The 240SX employs 3 serpentine belts, the Altima only use 2. The belt width is also different as far as I'm aware of.

Now, about the outermost belt guide on the 240 unit, it's going to hit the frame as well. Eliminating it works, but you'll have to re-balance the pulley again. The cost of trimming the outermost rim and re-balancing it will certainly bump the cost back up.

How do I know? I used to have a 93 240 as well.

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
did anybody ever find out if the swa pulley is a direct fit or if you have to modify it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts