The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my name is Zack I just purchased a 93 GXE for 300 bucks. I expected things to be wrong with it so I have some questions. I know I need to put new plugs and wires. My question is when the car is running it sounds like their is a piece of plastic rattling around on top of the engine. It sounds like its in the top of the block. Any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
149,xxx.

I have to get a hole fixed in the exhaust. Other than that and the first problem mentioned I think it should pass inspection.

How inolved is the timing chain problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am just hoping that I can get this car running right and reliable for under a grand. I am using while I am rebuilding my 94 Formula Firebird.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Both upper timing chain ( short chain ) chain guides need removed , remove upper timing chain cover , remove both guides, just leave the tentioner ..put back together ... Sounds easy , but its about a 2 hour job for someone who has done it a few times ...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Or, just leave it alone, keep up with your oil changes and hope for the best. Ours is still noisy and going strong at the mileage in my sig.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts