The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A/C is out, what's next? audio? I got no sub, no power accecories other than power mirror and power steering. All the underbody heatshield are out too, so does the tar on the floorpanel. Spare tire and emergency jack are off at the track. The same with the pass. seats

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why? less weight to move around, less power needed to haul the car, a more responsive car.

Besides, I barely use the A/C. I only get to turn it on once or twice a year to keep the seals wet.

It's just some sacrifice I opted to do.

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
you may try removing the back seats + metal piece that sits between the back seats and the trunk......

hope it helps...

·
OG
4,071 Posts
do u race? - i doubt this is the car for it
many of those things are rather necessary in a passenger car ... such as passenger seats
and a/c ... good luck in summer ... especially in cali

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, after tasting AZ heat for couple yrs (and getting free sun tan in the process), losing A/C in Cali seems like a small thing to me. I'm an open window driver during summertime. And there's always a possibility for me to return to WA.

I do race, on the track/parking lot. And lowering the time it takes for the car to react certainly is beneficial for me. The car no longer hold any good market value, so missing a thing or 2 for my goals is no big deal. And I'm keeping it till it got totalled in an accident.

At least I'm keeping the heater in the car. Losing the power cut whenever the windshield blower is activated is a plus too.

When it's necessary to carry passengers, I'll put the seats back in.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
how much weight do you think you've shaved off by doing all that?

·
Engorged Member
597 Posts
i don't get why you took out the ac. Is it that heavy...
If you were worried about a power loss when the windshield blower was turned on... why don't you just not put the blower on?

·
4,020 Posts
Windsheild blower helps defog your window, but with the A/C in the car, the A/C kicks on when you select defrost, its part of the electronic control. I understand the logic of taking it out, but I would never do it.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
close to 50lbs (A/C + tar + lower heat shields)..from the front end. every little bit helps. That also free up some working room under the hood as well.

front pass seat is close to 40lbs, the rear bench are child play, only 5-8lbs worth of foams. audio stuff approx. @ 20lbs.

Like said, the car itself is a base model, and I have no future plan to add any additional power accecories other than what's in there already.

And then replacing the bumper support units with some even lighter material, otherwise just lose them.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CF door panels maybe? I got access to CF by the yards, won't be cheap. And after that a full race legal roll cage to stiffen stuff a bit, at least it'll be usable weight.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aluminum block? too much. Even for stock.

actually, I took all those stuff out just to go faster. There is a fine line between properly equipped, and overbuilt.

·
525 Posts
This falls under the heading: "Without reason..."

Now, here's a diet regimen for you:
- remove floor mats, sun visors, ecu hold-down brackets, antenna(no radio, right?), rear seat belts(no seats, right?)
- remove the windshield washer system (jug, fluid, tubing, etc...)
- remove front sway bar and/or rear (depending on how you like the handling)
- remove the useless metal block under spare tire well
- under the car, near the cat you'll find another useless metal cylinder shaped thing
- located beneath the dash piece under steering wheel, you'll find a piece of metal brace, remove it
- swap to a drycell battery
- remove brake dust shields, header heat shied (if you worry about engine bay heat, use header wrap), rear high brake light
- remove alarm system, and airbags, depending on how serious you are
- if you drive in rain, park under trees throughout the year (northeast weather), remove the plastic fender covers, you'll find about five pounds of mud/dirt built up under the fender, on each side.

Happy racing.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
altimate_racer said:
have you thought about going with the aluminum block over the cast iron?
you'll lose massive torque if you do that...

ashura... gut the entire interior, ie: glove box, door panels, roof lining, all the kick panels around the tranny shifter, and check your engine bay/exhaust system for any more heat shields... nissan loves to overuse heat shields. and if you're really nuts, and dont mind getting your engine a little wet, cut out parts of your wheel wells (I dont advise this, you'll serously weaken the structural support of the car). all in all, all this stuff should add up easily to 100 more lbs off your ride. there are universal dash boards no that are like 6 lbs... if you feel really ambitious and dont mind the wiring nightmare, do this. just get a tach and a speedo, and call it a day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts