The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.pyleaudio.com/items/detail.asp?prodID=PLTV5N

What do you guys think about the Pyle in dash LCD head unit? I've seen these things on Ebay for $359. Seems like a great price. The screen is 4:3. They have an in dash CD/DVD/MP3 player also that is about the same price on Ebay also.

I'm thinking about purchasing one of these units and an extra LCD screen for the backseat passengers.

·
DirtyD!ck MoFo
445 Posts
we actually put one of those things in a 99 328 bmw...let me tell you..that has got to be one of the biggest if not the biggest piece of garbage i have ever worked with. The piece sticks out ur dash like half inch and you have to manually lift the monitor up and put back down again......
its garbage garbage garbage...i hope i answered ur question :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, ok....it's unanimous then. Pyle makes crap head units. I've decided to save my money for a decent head unit like the Sony with L3 Cube which has no buttons on the front. I've also decided to go with separate LCD monitors and an in car DVD/MP3 player because it is more affordable for me. I'm thinking of mounting three, two in the front visors and one in the back middle console, right above the cupholders.

·
10,560 Posts
FriedJ said:
Ok, ok....it's unanimous then. Pyle makes crap head units. I've decided to save my money for a decent head unit like the Sony with L3 Cube which has no buttons on the front. I've also decided to go with separate LCD monitors and an in car DVD/MP3 player because it is more affordable for me. I'm thinking of mounting three, two in the front visors and one in the back middle console, right above the cupholders.
Good decision! ;)

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
1,999 Posts
what i know is...

i know is that pyle subs are alright if you have no other options. Thats what my girlfriend has in her jeep.
I think it would be alright if you are going to use it in the back just for another screen, but from what i know its just cheap.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Re: what i know is...

m3dia_lab said:
i know is that pyle subs are alright if you have no other options. Thats what my girlfriend has in her jeep.
How old are they? The older ones were much better than the new ones..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts