The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
driven
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a big fan of tan leather interiors because in my books they look cleaner for longer and seem a bit 'softer' more casual looking. Even Nissan promotes the black as a more serious tone.

Seeing as the new blue only has the black leather interior I have to go that route if I want leather.

For those with the dark interiors how difficult is it to keep clean? Is it similiar to getting a black exterior in that every bit of dust/lint/gravel is obvious?

I like to keep my cars clean but I don't want to be cleaning every couple of days...

Thanks in advance for your comments...

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
It's not too bad. As long as you keep up the maitenance on the seats(oil them) they should wear fine. The leather in my 300zx is horrible cause the guy before me never oiled them and they faded and cracked to shit:( . I love black leather! Nothing else looks half as good.

·
*Donating Member* Member
878 Posts
I have the charcoal cloth interior in my Altima, and the fabric grabs and holds every piece of lint and hair it can. I would imagine the leather would be a nice benefit since it would not hold onto such.

I have black leather in my Eclipse. Along with the black leather seats, it came with black carpet and floor mats. They show EVERYTHING! I don't drive the Eclipse a whole lot (~5,000 miles over the first year), but do pull the driver side floor mat out and brush it off almost every time I drive it. However, other than the floor mat, the rest of the black interior looks sharp and remains mostly clean.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the charcoal leather. This is the first car I have had with leather and I LOVE it. I have been using about once a week Meguires One Step Leather Care on it and it is looking great! Go for the leather you won't regret it! :cool:

·
Winter hater!
549 Posts
Bakes said:
I have been a big fan of tan leather interiors because in my books they look cleaner for longer and seem a bit 'softer' more casual looking. Even Nissan promotes the black as a more serious tone.

Seeing as the new blue only has the black leather interior I have to go that route if I want leather.

For those with the dark interiors how difficult is it to keep clean? Is it similiar to getting a black exterior in that every bit of dust/lint/gravel is obvious?

I like to keep my cars clean but I don't want to be cleaning every couple of days...

Thanks in advance for your comments...
I too, have always been partial to light tan leather interiors.... However I now very much like the black leather interior of my Alty!!
The black definitely looks very rich & classy!.... As far as cleaning/maintenance... it really isn't bad at all, lint and dust really doesn't stick to the leather and therefore doesn't show as much as say black cloth. I just give the seats a quick wipedown with leather cleaner/conditioner periodically, and they look fantastic!

·
Mature Member
1,874 Posts
Basically what everyone else has said. The dark carpet is way more of a pain than the leather, it does show everything, so I bought a very small hand held vac that is not a big deal to get out and use frequently. The dash is bad about showing dust too, so just keep a pretreated dust cloth in the car, takes about 30 seconds to swipe. I definitely like the leather!

·
Worship Me !!!
329 Posts
What oil should we use that will not damage the leather in the long run or if stop using it?

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Black leather and interior in my 93 Maxima. The great thing about black is if the creases get dirty, it doesn't make the creases more pronounced. We used to have a 76 Caddilac with ivory leather and it was very difficult to get to the dirt between the seams and cracks. My black leather in the Maxima is very easy to care for. I use Lexal Cleaner before lunch, then after lunch, finish with Lexol Conditioner. The leather is soft and very nice. The only cracked leather I have is the rear headrests...We bought the car in 97 and the previous owner did not care for the leather nor didn't have Tint. I think we restored the leather. It's held up really well too, considering the car's got 201,000 miles on it.
Jae

1 - 12 of 12 Posts