The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
a for ohm sub will sound better in my opinion, i have the he2's in 4 ohms running my amp in stereo and it romps. even so with my thirst for more i want to upgrade to the L7's so let me know where you get them.

Mike

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
There is no difference in sound between them, the only difference is going to be the load that the amp sees, so you should just get the ones that best fit the amp.

·
Local Guamee...
744 Posts
IMO, the L7's are DVC's, which means either 2-2ohm's or 2-4ohms. Like what rthompson said, there is no difference in sound. It really depends on what your amp recognizes them as. I have a L7 8" 2ohm. I run it parrallel which breaks it down to 1ohm and use a 1ohm stable amp. This is the maximum power for my amp (1ohm), so this is why I do this.

It really depends on your amp and what it can handle. If you post what type of amp you're going to use, we can probably recommend how to hook it up for best performance.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Simply put, you will **usually** get about double the power at 2 ohms vs 4 ohms. The less ohms you have, the less resistance. Like said previously, you should probably want an ohm load that matches your amplifier. Since most sub amps are 2 ohms, you'll probably be well off getting a dual 4 ohm L7 and running the wiring in parallel (that will give the amp a 2ohm load).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Che'lu said:
IMO, the L7's are DVC's, which means either 2-2ohm's or 2-4ohms. Like what rthompson said, there is no difference in sound. It really depends on what your amp recognizes them as. I have a L7 8" 2ohm. I run it parrallel which breaks it down to 1ohm and use a 1ohm stable amp. This is the maximum power for my amp (1ohm), so this is why I do this.

It really depends on your amp and what it can handle. If you post what type of amp you're going to use, we can probably recommend how to hook it up for best performance.

the amp im using is the kicker stillwater designs 1000 watt amp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts