The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I don't care
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are both about rap references in the 1st season

1. In the Mad Real World sketch Tron says, "Look at how I'm livin' for the city." Is that a reference to the Wu-Tang Clan song "The City" or something else?

2. In the Trading Spouses sketch the kid says, "G-g-g-g-g-g-g-Unit!" What song is that from?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Ben said:
These are both about rap references in the 1st season

1. In the Mad Real World sketch Tron says, "Look at how I'm livin' for the city." Is that a reference to the Wu-Tang Clan song "The City" or something else?

No thats not Wu-Tang, that came from the movie New Jack City, and it was an R&B song by a group called Lavert.

·
Banned
400 Posts
I'm also very white and I know that. Well I do live in a neighborhood where all the white kids listen to rap/r&b. I'm sorry bout the only African American music I like is the blues baby. Good stuff.

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
fr0mastaj said:
too bad there is barely any good rap out now a days.. all i ever hear on the radio now is reggae related music :(
You got a problem with reggae bitch?

j/k but seriously why is the fact that hip-hop is incorporating more reggae a bad thing?

·
Banned
45 Posts
system_V said:
if you think rap is teh sux, download some jedi minds tricks, people under the stairs & heiroglyphics
or
Beastie Boys
Big L
Blackalicious
De La Soul
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
Gang Starr
Gravediggaz
Group Home
Guru
Jeru The Damaja
Jurassic 5 (meh)
KRS-One
Method Man
Mobb Deep
Necro
The Roots
RZA
Slick Rick
Wu-Tang Clan
Latyrx
Company Flow
The Black Eyed Peas
Rasco
Swollen Members
Smut Peddlers
Dilated Peoples
Cali Agents
Planet Asia
Mr. Lif
Mr. Len
Aesop Rock
Punchline
Louis Logic
Royce Da 5'9"
Non Phixion
El-P
Floetry
Rjd2
Gift Of Gab
Lyrics Born
Cage
Copywrite
Eric B. & Rakim
GZA/Genius
Heltah Skeltah
Ghostface
The Pharcyde
Redman
Souls Of Mischief
Boot Camp Clik
DJ Premier
Def Squad
The Arsonists
Mos Def
Invisibl Skratch Piklz
Apathy
7L & Esoteric
Atmosphere
Black Star
Talib Kweli
Obie Trice
Akrobatik
Madlib
Eyedea & Abilities
Nas
The Notorious B.I.G.
Ol' Dirty Bastard
Raekwon
Common Sense
Too Short
Killah Priest
Canibus

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
descartes said:
or
Beastie Boys
Big L
Blackalicious
De La Soul
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
Gang Starr
Gravediggaz
Group Home
Guru
Jeru The Damaja
Jurassic 5 (meh)
KRS-One
Method Man
Mobb Deep
Necro
The Roots
RZA
Slick Rick
Wu-Tang Clan
Latyrx
Company Flow
The Black Eyed Peas
Rasco
Swollen Members
Smut Peddlers
Dilated Peoples
Cali Agents
Planet Asia
Mr. Lif
Mr. Len
Aesop Rock
Punchline
Louis Logic
Royce Da 5'9"
Non Phixion
El-P
Floetry

You forgot Dre and Big Boi...clearly the best lyrical rap artists..not rappers out of the SOUTH!!

·
Banned
45 Posts
i almost fout dre and big boi once. they are both rude bitches who are lucky they had their big ass body gaurds with them or they would have been handled by me and a couple of my boys. It took a lot for me not to knock dre out where he stood, ****ing bitch that guy is.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
descartes said:
i almost fout dre and big boi once. they are both rude bitches who are lucky they had their big ass body gaurds with them or they would have been handled by me and a couple of my boys. It took a lot for me not to knock dre out where he stood, ****ing bitch that guy is.
Hahaha man you are crazy, I hope you're working on those anger management classes. What did they do not give you a autograph or something?? But besides your personal experience, they still are the tightest Rap Artist out the south IMO.

·
Banned
45 Posts
I was standing in a headshop with a couple of my friends in colorado. they were playing some small venue there. i was standing looking at bongs and stupid ass dre came walking past and bumped into me almost making my knock a rack of glass over. I didn't even know who he was at the time, because I've never been an outkast fan. Regardless, after he bumped into me I turned around and I was like "Would it kill you to say excuse me man. I'm not trying to be an asshole but you just almost made me knock that entire rack over." Instead of being a normal person and saying excuse me or i'm sorry he had to start talking shit. So I started talking shit back. Seriously, how am I going to take that guy serious when he's standing there in mismatched clothing, wearing a CONFEDERATE civil war hat (WTF, they wanted to keep black people as slaves last i checked). At this point a couple of portly fellas walked in the store and my boys told me who i was about to fight. I left. I should have let him sick his bodygaurds on me and sued his stupid ass.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts