The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have an Altima 2000 SE, and when I went to Tire Rack to pick select a tire it returns 205/60-15", but when I look at another site it returns 205/55-16". Do you know which is the OE for my car??

Thanks

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Since you have an SE, 205/55-16 would be your OE size. They came with 16" wheels.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ry,
I am currently looking for a new set of tires at tire rack, "Goodyear Assurance TripleTred" to be exact. But they dont have a 205/55-16. I am getting a headach now, because I want that tire. Oh, well back to tire researching!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks jethro_13, that looks like a great tire. I am currently using Dunlop 5000, and they are ok ride, but can not handle 3" of snows. My car slips when I turn. I need something that can handle snow. And this tire looks like a good snow tires.

I will wait for more reply and decide which is better.

Thanks again

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
My recommendations for a 365 day / year tires for your OE 16" wheels....

- Continental ContiExtremeContact
- Kumho ASX
- Dunlop SP5000 assymetric

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
flarearrow, I ended up getting the
- Continental ContiExtremeContact
from tire rack, becuase they dont have the 2 other tires I want.
Anyone know how good these 2 tires performs?

"Goodyear Assurance TripleTred"
"Pirelli P-Zero nero M+S"

Thanks

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
You made a good choice. You'll be pleased with the bad weather preformance from the Continentals. And remember, it's a ultra high performance tire. Even though the Pirellis are rated M+S, it's more bias towards dry performance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, Continental ContiExtremeContact is more toward wet/snow performance? I am sure they are all excellent tires that perform well.

Thanks again

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just had a chance to put the tires on. Wow, what a difference!! It is more soft and quiet. Can't waiting until I can drive in rain and snow.. :)

Thanks Flarearrow.

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
don't get good years the treads will wear off in less than a year. they suck

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, I finally have a chance to drive the new tires in wet pavements. It is raining hard in NYC. They handle very nicely!!

Thanks again!

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Glad you're enjoying it.

Tires (and wheels) makes the single biggest improvement in a cars handling and braking ability.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, I fotgot about breaking too!! Very comfort ride, I will be getting it next time as well. Its only been 1 week and I am already enjoying it.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts