The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I bought my Altima I discovered the bluetooth only worked for phone calls... and not music. This was pretty annoying but I bought a bluetooth adapter as a work around.

However I was using the Google Maps GPS app yesterday and suddenly the voice went through the speakers automatically without the adapter thing and the phone screen said "Telephone". Is there some way (or app) or something that makes the car think its a telephone call and play music?

It seems really weird that it's only made for calls and doesn't have the ability to do music in a 2012 model of a car that has bluetooth.

Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
don't you use a USB cable to get it to play music?

·
Noob
39 Posts
Does it look like this ???
Or..... Does it look like this?

·
Noob
39 Posts
It looks like the first picture, I don't have that fancy mirror.
Right. I have the same. Which is stock radio (single cd) just like the first pic, and bluetooth unit is just like the 2nd pic above the mirror (also do not have the fancy mirror.)

So, the answer .... to your question. nope... you can't. I have tried with iphone 4 and nexus4 also.

This bluetooth is an after though and it is implemented very badly , ugly and stupid. It does not work well even just to make and receive phone calls. Everyone say I don't sound good and I can't hear the callers very well neither.

So, I end up using earpiece and have that stupid thing not connected at all.

I may install after market head unit and may be I can use bluetooth then...

And there is no usb neither.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Did you get the base model? Im surprised it does not have USB....

·
Noob
39 Posts
I don't know for sure since its my sister's car with very low miles on it when I got it.
It's got, steering wheel controls for the radio, bluetooth on the roof. No fog lights , no sun roof, plain rear view mirrors outside and inside.

I guess it's S, base model?

Still bluetooth sucks Bhalls!! hehe...

If you have your bluetooth built-in instead of on the roof, I won't be much help on that! Sorry.:sad:
If you do have a bluetooth on the roof, I would think that it is still same old piece of crap I have so.... it won't do what you want it to do I suppose....

·
Registered
2 Posts
So when I bought my Altima I discovered the bluetooth only worked for phone calls... and not music. This was pretty annoying but I bought a bluetooth adapter as a work around.

However I was using the Google Maps GPS app yesterday and suddenly the voice went through the speakers automatically without the adapter thing and the phone screen said "Telephone". Is there some way (or app) or something that makes the car think its a telephone call and play music?

It seems really weird that it's only made for calls and doesn't have the ability to do music in a 2012 model of a car that has bluetooth.

Anyone have any experience with this?
I recently bought a 2012 maxima sv and am having same issue..Audio worked first few days then and still just connects to phone..If I hit the audio switch it’ll turn on for second then shuts itself back off and phone stays connected...Annoying...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts