The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was curious is there any way to clean the housing or do I just go to a place like SWA and buy a new one? Plus if I have to buy a new one waht'd be the best way. (don't say junkyard because there no Altimas in any junk yard in my damn county) I could go to the deal but they'd try and rape me in the price. It's not really important but I do wanna get some new headlights and with a foggy housing theres no point. I wanna get some from the Motion R site. They seem to have good deals.

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
Look headlight housings are going to get bad over time. Nothing you can do about the insides without breaking the seal apart and cleaning the inside. There are threads on baking the lights to do this, I recommend not.

What I would say is save up the $175 to get brand new housings from SWA. They are well worth it. There are several threads that show the night and day difference between the old and new. I have had them now for about 5 months or so and I clean them regularly with carnuba car wax cleaner and then polish and they still look brand new. At night time it is definitely clearer.

Click this link to find all your answers :D
http://altimas.net/forum/search.php?s=

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
SE97Altima said:
carnuba wax on the housing? For real?..I would think it would fog it up.....???????????
I guess I should have prefaced it with plastic polish cleaner. All I know is the outside surface of the housing is smooth and clean. Who knows what the long term effects will be???

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
175 dollars...damn

Try a place in Northeast (Scranton) PA called Cicioni Auto....i just got 1 brand new houseing from them for 125.

·
8,112 Posts
AceAltima said:
175 dollars...damn

Try a place in Northeast (Scranton) PA called Cicioni Auto....i just got 1 brand new houseing from them for 125.
You got ripped off for paying $125 for ONE headlamp. I got 2 headlamps for $163 in a GB here in the "for sale" section. Here's a pic. Well, worth it.

BUT if you got 2 for $125 i'll keep that in mind for next time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts