The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to turn my idle up cause my car is idling at 500 rpms which makes the car shake and shit, so i was wondering if its a simple turn of the screw or is it more than that and wheres the idle control at,screw?:confused:

·
Incognito
1,388 Posts
on the throttle body, there is a screw, the easiest way to locate it is have someone rev your engine while you look for it. it is on the upper part of the engine, near the fire wall, on the left side of the fuel filter.

·
f*cked up repugnant sh*t
7,745 Posts
in a little more detail...

(http://www.autolibrary.org/)

If idle adjustment is necessary, place the engine control module in the correct mode, then turn the idle adjusting screw

The idle adjustment screw is located on the idle air control valve. The screw is visible through the intake manifold on the passenger’s side

Connect a tachometer to the engine using the manufacturer’s instructions.
Detach the throttle position sensor electrical connector. Start the engine.
Check the idle speed. Idle speed should be 600-700 rpm with the transmission/transaxle in N.
Race the engine at 2000-3000 rpm 2-3 times under no-load, then run the engine at idle.
As required, adjust the idle speed to specification by turning the distributor after loosening the attaching bolts.
Stop the engine and connect the throttle position sensor. Start the engine.
Race the engine at 2000-3000 rpm 2-3 times under no-load, then run the engine at idle.
Check the idle speed again. Idle speed should be 650-750 rpm with the transmission/transaxle in N.
Stop the engine and remove the tachometer.

this is for a '97

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
Fette! With the tech talk! Very impressive. :D
Suffice to say, it really isn't on the throttle body, or near the firewall.
Jethro_13 has a point, there, though. Maybe your idle has dropped due to air/fuel filter or the need for a tuneup.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i turned the idle up by turning the srcews on the wire that goes to the accelerator, right know i have it idleing at 1,000 rpms is that way too hi?????

Thanks for all the help..:D

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
A. That's too high
B. Did you read Fette's post? You don't adjust the idle with the screws at the throttle body. If you don't believe her or me, ask my friend Mr. Haynes.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
kierandill said:
Fette! With the tech talk! Very impressive. :D
Suffice to say, it really isn't on the throttle body, or near the firewall.
Jethro_13 has a point, there, though. Maybe your idle has dropped due to air/fuel filter or the need for a tuneup.
that sounds identical to the stuff in the FAQ from the NSM... ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i read it and i ajusted it back but now i still need to adjust it, i think i can do it it looks simple thinks again.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.