The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my reverse gauges today, but I was a little bit confused about the wiring. I wired it up so that i just have the power cable to the dimmer (original dimmer on car) connect to both of my dimmer's, am I supposed to use a different power supply because it wont let me turn on thelights for my car while having the indiglo powered up too, How can i fix this?

·
Nissan-Suzuki-Infiniti
324 Posts
I've also hooked up the wires for my indiglo gauges to the light dimmer.

It works fine.

Splice the negative (black) wire on the dimmer switch and connect the negative from the indiglo transformer.

Splice the positive (you'll need to find the correct color) wire on the dimmer switch and connect the positive from the indiglo transformer.

Use a 12V tester to find the positive wire on the dimmer switch.

Good Luck...

·
Banned
625 Posts
I'm not sure if the reverse are the same as regular indiglo's but I connected the negative wire from the indiglo to some screw on the metal of the car and the positive to the positive wire on the dimmer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See, the reverse gauges light up, but its either the reverse gauges or the lights for my car that go on, i turn the original dimmer one way, the reverse gauges light up, and I turn it the other way, the gauges go off but the back lighting goes on, is there anyway I can have the both on at the same time?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts