The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Snow White 3.5 SE
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had my side molding replaced by a nissan dealer, and of course, they repainted it as well.

now, it's only been 6 months since the repair, but the paint is starting to chip already. on the side of the molding below the rear door, as well as inside the wheel well in front of the rear tire.

does anyone know for sure if this is covered under warranty? i called a few nissan dealers and they keep telling me that they would have to see it first.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Read your owners manual, cause it covers paint I think for six years, and if the part that was replaced was under warranty and they fixed it, it's their job to fix it again. If they refuse to fix it look in your owners manual again and there is a part in there were you can contact nissan about dealers refusing warranty work.

·
AKA Otto Von Titsling
791 Posts
manofsteele2003 is right. If Nissan did the work themselves, it has to be covered under warranty. My dealer must have been trying to cover thier own ass. They will most likely try to blame it on rocks and acid rain, but if you make a big enough stink they will most likely give in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts