The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
05 Mystic Emerald 2.5S
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wonna replace them with hyper white's instead of the amber's. Not really to worried about the legal issue cause dont really care about it around where I live. I see the parking light bulb is 1157A my question is does it have to be 1157A or can I just use 1157 instead?? Also how do I replace the parking light bulbs??
Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is your car 05 or newer? If so then you can just replace the amber bulb. I believe the 04's and older have amber colored lens. I assume you've already checked that. Just unplug the wiring harness from the bulb, twist it and pull it out. Then you have to push the bulb in and twist it to unseat and pull it out. Any old 1157 will work, it doesn't have to have the "A" at the end. I put some regular 1157's that are colored blue into mine and it works fine. Not quite as bright as the amber bulbs, but looks better in my opinion. Here's a pic of what it looks like when it's not lit, but my DDE's are on.

·
Registered
120 Posts
No, the parking light bulb is the easiest one to change, you don't have to take out the headlight to change any of them. The low beam bulb is the hardest one to do in my opinion, especially on the passenger side. But then all you have to do is take out the water bottle and you can get to it easier. It's very simple, you shouldn't have any problems.

·
05 Mystic Emerald 2.5S
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok gonna try it tommorow when i pick up the bulbs. So all i gotta do is remove the socket then unscrew the bulb pop the new one in and im ready to go. Is there an issue with wattage or it doesnt matter?

·
TRINI member
1,551 Posts
^most, if not all, 1157 bulbs are the same wattage. i run silverstars in mine, they're irridescent silver/blue when not lit, but light amber.

·
05 Mystic Emerald 2.5S
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright guys got the bulbs. I installed the passenger side one. First I took out the coolant thingy then switched out bulbs. THen replaced the coolant thingy. I noticed I didnt even have to do that and just slip my hand behind the socket unscrew replace and then screw the socket back in. So the passenger side is done. Now the driver side dont know where to start from its a lot harder then the passenger. What should I do?? I dont wonna take the headlight if thats an opintion

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just stuck my fingers down there and twisted it. You can try removing the battery or the intake.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i didn't have to take anything out to change the parking bulbs, I just stuck my fingers down there and twisted them out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I know this is an extremely old thread, but I was just curious if the 1157 bulb that is used for the parking lights is the same 1157 bulb that is used for the blinking function.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,547 Posts
1157's are dual function or 2-filament bulbs...so I'd say yes. the 1156 is a single filament.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts