The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
shift_VM
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what i'm wondering, i know the 3.5's come with a sport suspension, righ? so its stiffer than a 2.5's suspension. if i put 3.5 springs on a 2.5, will that have any effect? will they even fit? because im thinking i want better handling, at least when i'm on nicely paved roads, but without doing a drop cuz pothole ridden roads in the winter isn't something i want to deal with.

·
Registered
766 Posts
spring

the tre nickel is a heavier engine than the deuce nickel. if you use the springs from the tre nickel your cars front will ride higher

·
shift_VM
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
f---ing bs, all i want is better handling without scraping my bumper on ocean ave cuz i was going 65 the slight raise in the st, makes it a speed bump at speeds of 45 mph wit my suspension. oh well, pro kit it is.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Yes, the SE does have a stiffer sport "like" tuned suspesion. The springs are slightly stiffer and the RSB is relatively thicker. Putting OEM 3.5 springs on a 2.5 is not a good idea because the 3.5 springs are meant to hold a load about 300 lbs more. So your car will actually be bumpier and ride higher. I suggest getting prokit. The drop is not that bad and you will still be able to go over the majority of potholes. I've driven through the Cross Bronx (which probably has the most potholes in NYC) and I've been alright. It is bumpier and you do have to drive slower, but I have not scraped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts