The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is what i want to do, if someone can shed some light , please do, i have the 8 speaker system and i just bought a 4 channel amp, so i know how to hook up the front and rear deck speakers,but then what do i do about the tweeters in the front, and the 2nd set of speakers in the rear door? soooomeone let me know ,TY

·
carputer owns you
766 Posts
pggy back the tweets off the front speakers and piggy back the rear door speakers off the rear deck speaker. Your losing power to each individual speaker but thats how youc an hook them up. ALso put a crossover before the tweeters so you can send high notes only to the tweets.

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
If you want to use all 8 speakers you need to pay attention to whether you wire the pairs in series or in parallel. Series wiring halves the load and the volume, and parallel doubles it just like with subs. So if you parallel two 4 ohm speakers you are asking your amp to push a 2 ohm load on that channel. Make sure it can handle it.

If you want to add a high pass crossover to the tweeter you can simply add a cap in line with that driver. Google "high pass crossover" for more info. Same applies to the other driver. Or use a 2-way crossover.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i am just gonna leave them disconnted, but i have one last question, the guy i got my front speakers are a 6 1/2 , but it is supposed to be 6 3/4. is there a big difference, should i go back to him, or just leave them in???

·
(no im not a female)
748 Posts
WhistlerPower said:
ok i am just gonna leave them disconnted, but i have one last question, the guy i got my front speakers are a 6 1/2 , but it is supposed to be 6 3/4. is there a big difference, should i go back to him, or just leave them in???
No they should have adapter plates if need be.

And if you leave the tweeters disconected you sound is gonna sound like ass.

tweeters give you the high end ( voice), The door should have either mid range ,(which produces the mid to low tones.

The tweeters wire right into the crossover if you got the mid ranges connected just wire in the cross over and the tweeters.

·
The Slow and the Stupid
727 Posts
None. Cuz nine times out of ten its the same speaker. They just call it different things and put 6 3/4" plate in the box for people with so called oversized 6 1/2" openings. Also, you need to hook up the tweeters.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank u for all ur help, i did what u all said, but now i have a small problem, the new HU is in, but the reception is really bad, any ideaS?????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts