The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a old paintball gun, Sheridan XTS semi-auto, that I havent used in a couple of years. Im going to play this weekend, and that gun was going to be loaned to a friend of mine that doesnt have one to use. The problem is that the piece of shit breaks balls like crazy, and uncocks itself after going into full auto mode and shooting ice like crazy. I wanted to know if maybe it needs some paintball marker oil since, it was sitting in my closet for a couple of years, or if maybe the problem is internal? thanks.

1,407 Posts
Sounds like the problem is internal. I would tell your friend to just rent one because if it was breaking balls a while ago it will be breaking them now.

·
o werd
2,688 Posts
2 years is nothing but you have to maintain the gun. Take the gun apart piece by piece and clean/oil it.. guarantee it'll work like new.

Not just the easy pieces either, the gun has a way to come totally apart and that's what you should do. Oil all the o-rings except the barrel and tank ones. Also clean and oil the bolt n such

Let me know how it turns out

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black Dragon said:
use compressed air instead of CO2. You won't freeze balls and it gives you more consistent shots from start to finish.

also, aren't sheridans just a step above brass eagle?

i just use C02 because i hardly ever play. This weekend will be the first time in a couple of years I play, and I dont wanna get too extreme with my equipment. Arent the compressed air tanks very expensive?

and yeah the gun isnt great, but it does the job. i dont like spending a fortune on things i know im not gonna use very often.

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Magoo said:
2 years is nothing but you have to maintain the gun. Take the gun apart piece by piece and clean/oil it.. guarantee it'll work like new.

Not just the easy pieces either, the gun has a way to come totally apart and that's what you should do. Oil all the o-rings except the barrel and tank ones. Also clean and oil the bolt n such

Let me know how it turns out
im in the process of taking it apart right now. ill try and get every single part cleaned and oiled, but the problem is i cant find any oil specific for paintball guns. can i get away with some other kind of oil or grease?

1,407 Posts
After 2 years you should replace all the o rings in the marker. You may not be able to see cracks but they are probably there.

·
Wasabi Warrior
1,023 Posts
Tex93Altima said:
im in the process of taking it apart right now. ill try and get every single part cleaned and oiled, but the problem is i cant find any oil specific for paintball guns. can i get away with some other kind of oil or grease?
no paintball/sporting goods/Walmart/K-Mart nearby?

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Black Dragon said:
no paintball/sporting goods/Walmart/K-Mart nearby?

ive tried both wal-marts here, and academy sporting goods. none of them had any lubricant for paintball markers. there are a couple of small time paintball shops nearby, but their hours of business vary from day to day. they were both closed when i passed by earlier, but im going to try tomorrow after my morning class because im sure they'll have some.

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Al Bundy's Friend Griff said:
After 2 years you should replace all the o rings in the marker. You may not be able to see cracks but they are probably there.
yeah griff, tomorrow when i visit those paintball shops, im going to ask them if they can get ahold of an o-ring kit for the gun. i dont know much about paintball guns, but im sure each brand/model gun has its own specific sized o-rings. the problem is that i think the sheridan xts was discontinued a while back, so i wonder if that will make things difficult.

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
just use some household oil...the kind in the little white or red bottle. I clean my gun before every time i play paintball and afterwards. And I clean the gun and fire it once a month. I have a spyder shutter with a dye boomstick barrel 12 inches, removed the beaver tail sight, and have a remote line to a harness with a 20 oz co2 tank, and soon to come a halo hopper and possibly a modification to the gun.

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got a Spyder TL-R that came with a kit last month. i was going to get the spyder imagine, but decided i didnt need a fully automatic paintball gun. the three shot burst wouldve been more practical though. the TL is still a good gun with great accuracy. my next upgrade might be a longer barrel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts