The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got the sidemarkers off a ML320 for my 96 altima and i don't really get how to install them....i filed off the top and bottom so they fit but then the sides don't fit in...am i supposed to shave a hole where it slants down or what?? somebody help me i already messed up on one...

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
don't even bother wit those fuckin things, they take forever and they dont even look that good. go to:

www.autodynamic.com

they have clear sidemarkers that look just like our stock orange ones. they look so much better on, too.

·
Nissan-Suzuki-Infiniti
799 Posts
I sold mine to AltyChickGXE for $10. They weren't worth my time filing just to make them fit.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Damn losers.Cant do something this simple.You shouldnt even try to hook up your cars.Its people like you that performance shops try to charge a grip for shit,CAUSE YOUR STUPID

Somethings too small MAKE IT BIGGER VERY SIMPLE:rolleyes:

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
I am not completely familiar with the new clear sidemarkers that have recently come out. Keep in mind they have only been out about 2-3 months, TOPS. The best thing is to file the car a little first. My bf would just file, then try to get it in, etc...on and on.
It will take some time so Good Luck.

·
Banned
1 Posts
hmmmmmm, file a $200 fender, or file a $5 sidemarker????

Just keep working on it. I was getting pissed when I was doing mine, but they do fit. File a little, then try to fit it. Then file a little, and try to fit it. Keep going until it works.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
deranged made mine for me wiht his wizzer air tool..but it can be done with a dremmel..thing is you have to cut away practically the whole light for it to fit in your car..and a good reason not to file the car besides it being a waste is if you want to put the old markers back in..you now wont be able to since the whole is enlarged!!

·
good one Fonzie
11,588 Posts
I bought the ones from autodynamic.com. I like them since they look like an "OEM replacement with the reflector and everything.

·
WhY sOo SeRiOuS
679 Posts
Damn losers.Cant do something this simple.You shouldnt even try to hook up your cars.Its people like you that performance shops try to charge a grip for shit,CAUSE YOUR STUPID

:D BWWWAAAAHHHHHHHHH

·
"Member"
319 Posts
man come on...there are not that hard to do. i did mine. it takes some work to make them fit right but they do work. the only thing i messed up on mine was that i scracthed my fender on one side but i was going to get it painted anyways so no biggie.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have just finished installing ML 320 side markers today. It is not hard, but very time consuming if you want to do it right.

To answer your question... Yes! not only top and bottom sides have to be filed to fit in, but also both sides.

Things you might want to consider - file top and bot. sides of the side marker till nothing is sticking out - on the side marker tab that clicks in the fender, file away only the plastic ridge in the middle of the tab that sticks out. - side to side fender opening measurment has to be exact to have the side marker secure tighty into the fender opening, using a vernear caliper, I have measured side to side opening demension to a 87.50 mm or 4.16 mm filed in on the tab side. file and try pushing in the side marker. repeat till you hear clicking sound when you push in the side marker. you should only be able to push out side marker from inside the fender when you hold the tab in. - use touch-up paint on filed areas.

·
Banned
1 Posts
altimabk said:
I have just finished installing ML 320 side markers today. It is not hard, but very time consuming if you want to do it right.

To answer your question... Yes! not only top and bottom sides have to be filed to fit in, but also both sides.

Things you might want to consider - file top and bot. sides of the side marker till nothing is sticking out - on the side marker tab that clicks in the fender, file away only the plastic ridge in the middle of the tab that sticks out. - side to side fender opening measurment has to be exact to have the side marker secure tighty into the fender opening, using a vernear caliper, I have measured side to side opening demension to a 87.50 mm or 4.16 mm filed in on the tab side. file and try pushing in the side marker. repeat till you hear clicking sound when you push in the side marker. you should only be able to push out side marker from inside the fender when you hold the tab in. - use touch-up paint on filed areas.
way too much involved.

Take sidemakers, remove orange piece.
File sides with a file or dremmel, just on the gray piece, not the lense itself.
File top and bottom in same manner.
How much to file? Trial and error, file a little, try to fit it in.....file a little, see if it fits.....until it fits.
Make a little notch so the existing wiring will fit.
Stick stock wiring into sidemaker, push sidemarker in nice and tight.

Go drink a beer

No filing fenders. No measuring. 30-40 minutes tops

1 - 20 of 22 Posts