The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I tried installing my indiglo guages yesterday. I got them to work and looks great, but the back lights (for the air, guages. etc..) won't light up. I tried fixing it today, but now the indiglo won't work. So now I have to choose between keeping the indiglo or the lights.
I attached the red wire from the transformer to the red/ silver wired on the dimmer. Does anyone have a similar problem? Thanks.
 

·
Got Salt?
Joined
·
194 Posts
I had the same problem, don't hook it to the dimmer. I ran the wires to the front corner lights and haven't had any problems yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jbuffethed said:
I had the same problem, don't hook it to the dimmer. I ran the wires to the front corner lights and haven't had any problems yet
Where's the front corner lights connector located? Is the red wire long enought to reach it?
 

·
Got Salt?
Joined
·
194 Posts
I had to add more wire, but I spliced into the signal wire just behind the harness. I don't know exactly which wires connected to what, just touch them and see if they work, it won't hurt anything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jbuffethed said:
I had to add more wire, but I spliced into the signal wire just behind the harness. I don't know exactly which wires connected to what, just touch them and see if they work, it won't hurt anything
So u mean I'll have to cut the signal wire and attach it back together with the red wire from the tranformer?
 

·
Like a Villain
Joined
·
3,765 Posts
i connected the black wire (indiglo) to the black and silver wire, then the red wire (indiglo) to the blue wire and they work fine
 

·
Got Salt?
Joined
·
194 Posts
I didn't cut the wire, I used a razor and carefully shaved the insulation off from around the wire and wrapped the indiglo wire around it and taped it
 

·
Resistance is futile
Joined
·
3,202 Posts
Seth_Rash said:
I put my indiglos in and at first the were really bright but they dimmed down a little, has that happened to anyone else?
Every time I push the brightness button...
 

·
Resistance is futile
Joined
·
3,202 Posts
henryh said:
Hi, I tried installing my indiglo guages yesterday. I got them to work and looks great, but the back lights (for the air, guages. etc..) won't light up. I tried fixing it today, but now the indiglo won't work. So now I have to choose between keeping the indiglo or the lights.
I attached the red wire from the transformer to the red/ silver wired on the dimmer. Does anyone have a similar problem? Thanks.
THe red wire from the transformer goes to the red wire with blue stripe on the dimmer switch. THere are two other red wires with wellow stripes. I don't know what the silver dashes are for, but that doesn't distinguish one red from another. You need the one with the blue stripe.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top