The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
VAGINAL BLASTER
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 93 xe with 225/40/18s. I just got like 300$ for my b-day and i want to get the 2 inch sprint drop. I was wondering if i would need to get new shocks and also would my rims fit with the drop? and also if i paid 140$ for the springs .. would i still have enough money to get the lowering springs installed? thanks.. oh and while i'm at it .. i also got the clear tails and some of the bulbs were looking kinda pink.. would red fingernail polish work to make the bulbs more redder?

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
well what you do is rent a spring compressor and do it yourself, get a friend to help you if needed. (i can never justify spending money on installations) And I would suggest new struts, if you car has relatively low miles on the current struts then leave them, if they are kinda old replace them so you don't have a duplex of effort

·
DirtyGirls4Life
1,510 Posts
If i were you i'd save up for some coilovers, GC or Weapon R, or get Eibach springs, I'd stay away from Sprint Ive heard good and bad things about them but its all up to what you want, look or better handling. I know people you can get Springs or coilovers from just drop me a line with a list of what you want to know how much it will cost. My e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
low miles on a 93? hehe...
If you're not putting in struts at the same time as springs, check out the struts when you take them out of your car. If the struts shorten without any weight, you should probably replace them. Mine go down real fast and I go like a boat right now.
Shox.com has Altimas club discounts on kyb and tokikos. tokikos cost more, but supposedly perform better (kyb ride like stock).
Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts