The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Dude
8,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont see why I couldnt disconnect my cold plumbing from the tb and run a stock intake to get home?????????? I would just drive under boost, but w/ these hills here in cali thats almost impossible.

thanks
Brian

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Theoretically yes you could do that, but there might be a problem. Without any pressure in the pipes the wastegate will never open, and that will lead to the turbo possibly overspinning...

What's wrong?

UltimaSE

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
That is seriously weird. And you've been locking in the timing mode and everything, no skipped steps? tps and everything?

23ish shouldn't actually be giving you problems, stock timing is 20+-2 degrees. So you put the car into timing mode to set the timing to 20+-2, and then you put it back into timing mode and it's at 23?

What have you changed? has there been anything else different?

Serious det only when in boost....

a leak anywhere in the intake pipes would have you run lean anywhere under boost, and rich in boost.... so that's probably not it...

what else is there...

fuel injection, possibly egr...

but you mentioned before it seems to only be on one of the cylinders. So maybe an intake manifold leak, but again that doesn't make sense.

So it's singling out one cylinder, distributor, plugs, plug wires, fuel injectors. Wait, what plugs are you using? what heat range? a hot plug might be touching off the mixture before the actual spark... It's a stretch but admittedly I'm having some trouble coming up with something here too.

UltimaSE

·
The Dude
8,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is seriously weird. And you've been locking in the timing mode and everything, no skipped steps? tps and everything?

yup.

I have not checked the egr yet. maybe its stuck open????? I'll check.

I'm running 7's gapped at .030-.035

you may have something w/ the hot plug theory. may be diesling?

I have a shit load of white/blue smoke now, so this car is going home on a trailor. sucks, but I'm pretty sure I have some internal damage.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
ULTIMATUC said:

yup.

I have not checked the egr yet. maybe its stuck open????? I'll check.

I'm running 7's gapped at .030-.035

you may have something w/ the hot plug theory. may be diesling?

I have a shit load of white/blue smoke now, so this car is going home on a trailor. sucks, but I'm pretty sure I have some internal damage.
if the egr is stuck open then you're not going to have an idle. If it's stuck closed though you will tend to run a bit leaner... But this would trigger a cel.

7's sounds familiar, the gap you're running is a little bigger than what I have set, but you saying there's knock, not misfire.

Sorry man, that sucks, I really wish I could point out something, but I think I'm at a loss at this point as well.

UltimaSE

·
phi phi Kappa Alpha
3,033 Posts
Brian, has it been doing this since you changed your fuel pump (just got your message on my phone, I didn't have your number on me at the time in SC)? Recheck the lines to make sure you didn't get any crossed, it could be real easy to do. Brian try going to 6's...I have had no problems since doing so, in fact I have run better. I am gapped at .032.

·
The Dude
8,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
asleepaltima said:
you didnt mention the loose hardware on the intake manifold... which cylinder(s) were those on?
that was the exhaust manifold bro.....#4

Ken, does your timing ever change?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts