The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just Chillin'
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at bestbuys today, and the guy was telling me that bandpass boxes aren't good for all types of subwoofers. I was unaware of this, I always figured that a bandpass box was always better. What types of subs work well in a bandpass box, and which don't?

Thanks

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
iv had 2 or 3 and dont get a per fab one, those suck, i got one custom made from a local stero shop and its bad ass, the only bad side is the bass dosent hit like it does in a sealed box, but it hits low notes like all hell, rattle my car apart

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
m3dia_lab said:

thats b/s there easy to make once you have a good design, witch i do
It depends on the woofer, because of the suspension compliance, mms, motor strength.... not every woofer will fit in every bandpass.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
If you want to do a bandpass that will work for most subs i have built two deathboxes with decent results. Might want to try one of them, it is a tunable design so it will work with most subs.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I will be willing to build one, but it they are really heavy so shipping is a killer on the 12" version, the ten inch is not too bad. I have sold one and i built one for myself and it was very nice...
Go to the decware.com site and see the reviews... mine might still be there, but it has been almost three years.

Since shipping is going to be a killer on the 12" i will sell it for $250, or the 10" for $185 if you like. (prices include shipping in the Continental US)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts