The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
yeah ?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals, remember when my car got hit? Well I jsut got it back, adn everything is cool... BUT i get the check engine light. Now before you guys say to bring it back to garage, I can't.. long story, so that's not option. NOw if I bring it back to nissan dealer, how much would that cost to diagnose? I already tried the cutting battery power.. but still there's the check engine light. anyone have any suggestions or advice before I take it to the dealer? What will I have to pay if I do go? Thanks again. SO happy i got the car back..

·
Former Alty Owner
2,925 Posts
rpny said:
Hey guys/gals, remember when my car got hit? Well I jsut got it back, adn everything is cool... BUT i get the check engine light. Now before you guys say to bring it back to garage, I can't.. long story, so that's not option. NOw if I bring it back to nissan dealer, how much would that cost to diagnose? I already tried the cutting battery power.. but still there's the check engine light. anyone have any suggestions or advice before I take it to the dealer? What will I have to pay if I do go? Thanks again. SO happy i got the car back..
Sam.. if you bring it to the dealer.. they will charge you about 40.. to check it and reset it.. at least that's how much it cost me to have my airbag light reset... give it a shot.. talk to the dealer..
they might hook you up..

·
Registered
370 Posts
rpny said:
rpny..
Scottlny is correct, about 50 - 70 for check
on engine light. However you might try Auto Zone
if you have any in your area. They will check for free....

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
Re: Re: question ..

Eticket said:

rpny..
Scottlny is correct, about 50 - 70 for check
on engine light. However you might try Auto Zone
if you have any in your area. They will check for free....
Even if it's under warranty?

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,208 Posts
If the check engine light is on...And you are in the warranty..why would you have to pay???

·
Former Alty Owner
2,925 Posts
wild willy said:
If the check engine light is on...And you are in the warranty..why would you have to pay???

Willy.. in my case they charged me, b/c my air bag light went off due to my negligence. When they read the code, they told me my passenger side Airbag had deployed according to the computer, and the manual states for that code, Nissan is required to replace the seat. Which is when I had to tell them that I didn't disconnect the battery when I removed the passenger seat. So they charged me $40, due to the fact that it was my fault. I didn't complain. They treated me well overall.. Sam.. most likely you shouldn't have to pay, but go in with a mindset if you do, nothing more then $50 bucks.. Like someone else mentioned go to Autozone, and have them check what's causing it.. not sure if they can reset it, but at least you'll know the deal.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,208 Posts
If all else fails...Lie your ass off! It's not like you did anything they will notice to modify your car in any way......lol

·
Former Alty Owner
2,925 Posts
wild willy said:
If all else fails...Lie your ass off! It's not like you did anything they will notice to modify your car in any way......lol
Willy.. I totally agree with you.. but how in my situation would I be able to lie?? I have totally redone my interior and the airbag light is on.. Oh great one.. tell me what you would've said to get out of paying the 40 bucks.. :p :)

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
this reminds me of my fan blade experiences in which i sucked a friend's homeade device into my intake manifold, luckily the heat melted the plastic and most of it got caught in the intake box but the check engine light came on because it started to die for a min....anyway, i took it to the dealer and said i had no idea why it came on so they checked it and reset it for free, but they said if it was something that was my fault, then it woulda costed me seventy, SEVENTY, bucks to reset it

·
Registered
757 Posts
They are right Sam... And since you have your car back, there is no excuse not to meet me!!! Scott too!

3rd Gen meet in LI?

·
Former Alty Owner
2,925 Posts
StillenAltima said:
They are right Sam... And since you have your car back, there is no excuse not to meet me!!! Scott too!

3rd Gen meet in LI?

Jackie, Sam.. I'm trying to get one together for next weekend.. figure more people will be around then.. you down?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts