The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
it depends on what mods you already have. It's all relative.

stock motor, just p-n-p, maybe 8-10 hp to the crank if you're lucky!!
on a motor with all bolt ons, and a good p-n-p job, somewhere in the ball park of 15hp, maybe a few more/less depending

·
I'm The Green Member
2,303 Posts
arround 600 i do believe

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
not as much as you think
it depends on if you need to add in the labor of removing everything too, or just getting the head p-n-p

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i have a friend do that do machine work and heill be doing my head and 2 othe friends for $300 a peace....... a matter of fact i started to take my head off last night but it got too damn cold so i'll finish it after work....... i guess i'll fe rideing the city bus for a week or so.....

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
its farkign hard to estimate, simply because their are varying degrees of porting AND polishing that can be done... so therefore different shops charge different amounts for different jobs...

i kno my post sounds lame, but there is no set standard for PnP obviously...

for ex, when i went checking prices for an alfa, some places were willing to do a 'mild' job for AUD$400-500, whilst one of the most reputable shops for alfas wanted a grand and they still called it 'mild'..

cheers

joe

ps: in the end, always go the 'reliable/reputable' way, and send it to the dood that knows his stuff, tho as ryan said, its not usually a mod done on otherwise stock engines...

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
c-jay-altima said:
well i have a friend do that do machine work and heill be doing my head and 2 othe friends for $300 a peace....... a matter of fact i started to take my head off last night but it got too damn cold so i'll finish it after work....... i guess i'll fe rideing the city bus for a week or so.....
you ever pulled an alty head before? if not, you wont be done tonight...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts