The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
No Way is The Way -B. Lee
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which one do you think is the best, im about to get a membership since theres too many cocky skinny kids that take up the bench every single day of the week without doing any other workouts that it just gets annoying, i mainly just needa place that has freeweights, incline/decline/flat bench, squatting rack, curl bar, leg extension/curl machines, maybe a pool with lanes for my days i dont work out and i wanna do some cardio to lose some of the bulk fat i will get, and a shower room, since i am going early in the mornings and need a shower before school, here are the ones i know about

xsport= costs 400 for 15 months, huge place with a sauna and everything you could ever ask for, but i heard the customer service sucks, and a lot of people from my hs go there and once again the cocky skinny kids will be around there, also the big buff guys that think theyre god for taking steroids

bg fitness center= not sure of the price, but kind of like xsport, but less people from school goes there, more quiet, able to get my work done, bad side about it is its far from school so ill have less time to workout

bally's= not sure about this place, i heard there fitness trainers are idiots, my friend's sister got a personal trainer there, she told her to do reverse crunches 100 times a day to get a 6 pack which was total bs

powerhouse= not sure about this place either, looks ilke another bally's

wheeling fitness center= less equipment, but theres a pool and weights so that should be enough, cheaper monthly payments then all the others, but once again far from my school

if you know any better ones around me please post em, im tired of getting interupted by these kids, i just wanna get my work done then get out

·
('!')
282 Posts
Out of your list i would say either Xsport or Bally's. Don't sign up to a small gym or someplace you haven't heard from. The reason i like those 2 is cause they're all over the place so you can go wherever. I am currently signed up to Bally's and im very happy w/ it(1800 for me and my bro together for 3 years and 7 bucks a month after that). There are also alot of them so if i get tired of one place i just move to another. Also dont go to a place that doesn't have a lot of people, sometimes they can be the reason that keeps you goin back. I work out 5-6 days a week and the people that go there really helps in my motivation to work out-especially the girls:D :D Xsport isn't too bad either, i went there one time w/ a free pass and they have a rock climbing wall and a basketball court which was pretty cool. And oh yea they have a lot of hotties. I say just go to the places on the list and try it out for a day or a week if they offer it, i think you can get a week pass for bally's on their website.

Oh yea i believe this is Off-topic, but i can see the reason you put it here cause i know not a lot of people go to the off topic thread especially from the upper midwest.

·
No Way is The Way -B. Lee
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as much as i love looking at the eye candy, i gotta pass on that, i personally would rather have no one there, i focus a lot better, dont have to worry about making a scene, also u can take out all your anger on the weights to get a good workout with no one distracting you and losing the mentality you had

all the extra stuff is nice, like a sauna, rock climbing, basketball court, but in reality i dont really need that, sure i wouldnt mind messing around once and a while, but i wanna stay focused on gaining 30 lbs of muscle the time i start my real diet in a years time

·
I'm The Yellow Member
5,268 Posts
xsport was called powerhouse in the past. that's all.

I went to both powerhouse and bally's, and personally I liked powerhouse a lot better. Just got few gyms and find out rates in person, they also have promotions and deals going on all the time. check the places out and see what you like better. Actually work out there once or twice, and see where you would feel more comfortable. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts