The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a leather kit for my birthday but haven't recieved it yet. I was just wondering what is needed and what steps I need to follow for this.

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
Whatup jree.

You'll need the right socket and attachments to get the seats out. You'll need tin snips or something strong enough to cut the hog rings (they are metal rings that attach the cover to the seats. You'll need about 12-15 hours worth of time.

I recommend getting some zip ties. Might be easier to zip tie the seat cover on and then put on the new hog rings and then cut the zip ties off. It is not really hard, just VERY VERY time consuming.

As far as the door panels go, you'll need a tool to push the leather into the door and lots of patience.

That is really it, krackmysomethingorother has recently done this, ask him.

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
:) Thank you for your help. Do I have to take off my old cloth before? Do I have to buy an install kit, or in other words, what other tools and supplies do I need for this install

Can somone get in contact with krackmnky so he can help me

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
yes definitely!

Basically take the seat out, remove the back panel of the front seats. Remove cloth off seats, headrest, bottom cushion, etc.

Put new seat covers over bare seats, put new hog rings in to hold the new leather on and thats it. It is really simple, just again very time consuming.

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
it should come with your new leather if I am not mistaken. Where did she get it from. You might even use the old ones. That I am not sure on. They might not need to be cut, maybe they just separate apart and then get squeezed back together.

If you go to leatherseats.com I think they have a install guide...hold on...

Jree - GO HERE: http://leatherseats.com/pages/installation.htm

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Skizot, You are the shit. I just need to order one of the installation kits now and I'll be all set to spend the whole day on this.

Any more tips to have this go smoothly would be really appreciated

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
jree said:
Any more tips to have this go smoothly would be really appreciated

As skizot said, time...

I would also recommend patience, as well as laying a few useless tools around where you're working so you'll have something else to throw when you get pissed off, so you wont throw the one's you really need and break/lose them.

But the payoff at the end is well worth it... Ive got a few in progress pics in that project interior overhaul link in my sig...check it out...lots of good stuff in there.

If ya got any questions, AIM or PM me.

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
krackmnkysnick said:

I would also recommend patience, as well as laying a few useless tools around where you're working so you'll have something else to throw when you get pissed off, so you wont throw the one's you really need and break/lose them.
:D :D ROTFLMAO :D :D

Jree - no problem!

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
oh and by the way, the install kit comes with hogring pliers, a baggie of hog rings and adhesive spray for $25.

I saw hog ring pliers for $4.99, a 100 count bag of hog rings fo $1.99, and you can get adhesive spray at walmart for like 2 bucks a can.

(I would recommend getting 3M Super 77 spray....leatherseats.com sends you cheap shit.)

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks alot bro. Your shit looks real good. I hope mine comes out that good. When I go pick the hog rings and plier, discount auto parts has em right?

Thanks for your help

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
krackmnkysnick said:

LOL...........very true.......its a PAIN in da ASS..............
u probrably wont be able to do it in one day due to the time consumption and frustrations...........remember to have patience............you'll be happy in the end..............heres some pics of mine................

-Robb-

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
altimate94 said:

LOL...........very true.......its a PAIN in da ASS..............
u probrably wont be able to do it in one day due to the time consumption and frustrations...........remember to have patience............you'll be happy in the end..............heres some pics of mine................

-Robb-

Did you install the seats by yourself or did you have help from a friend. My boys gonna help me do this

1 - 20 of 20 Posts