The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was wondering what year integra short shifters fit on altimas.

also, why are people getting shifters for integras when they make ones specifically for altimas? Are the integra ones better or just the same thing?

If anyone has one, is it hard to put in, and is the change noticable?

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
You have to get the 94' and up. Mine just got put in this past weekend. I got the shifter for $25 as opposed to the $60+ that is wanted for the Alty specific shifter. My bf put it in and he said it was a bitch, just because the space is pretty cramped and we didn't have any WD-40. If you decide to do it, spray the bolts to the linkage down good, and get a breaker bar if you can. The cat cover and heat shield are easy to remove, I think it was a 10mm. You move the heat shield out of the way(5 screws). Then you have access to the shift linkage, but it all sits right atop the exhaust pipe. So the space is really tight, he could only fit like a small 12mm wrench in there. One screw/bolt for the actual shifter to linkage, but then you gotta unloosen the linkage and remove the old shifter. Couple bolts under the shifter plate and two on top inside the vehicle. Took about 2 hrs. U can notice the difference in shortened throws. There was some plastic molding on the shifter that wouldn't fit the new shifter...looking for feedback from others to see what they did with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts