The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my berk intake and the elbow is bent like someone dropped it or something. There is no gasket for the elbow MAF? seems if there is no gasket they have to be pretty straight and flush or when I tighten it down I may break the edge tab on the MAF. It came with two gaskets but one seems to not fit anything? Anyone else run into this prob?

·
say when.....
1,504 Posts
Dubz:

If I remember correctly, the only gasket is the one that is placed where the filter and the elbow connect.

If you need help, pm me and I will give you my #, and will walk you through.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just ordered the Berk intake for my 05 3.5! I'm excited! Can you tell me anything about this Apexi filter? It sounds like it is a paper filter but I don't know. Where do you get replacement filters when you need one? Is the installation easy? Thanks in advance!

·
1,873 Posts
^^APEXis are 100,000 mile filters......

Installation is a snap!

I put the whole thing together before I even raised the hood. Now all I recieved was the elbow and filter. I already have the frankencar midpipe.......

·
The Ricenator
324 Posts
The freaking filter costs 85 bucks alone....

It had better last 100k miles.

As to skepticism, only one way to cure that... try it yourself! The dry filter needs no oiling and just needs to be cleaned every now and again. I have had no problems with mine, but have only had it for 4k or so miles.

·
1,873 Posts
NBTX05Altima said:
A 100,000 mile air filter!? OK...I'm skeptical.....very skeptical!
Well get K&N....

I have had it for about 30K miles and have cleaned it twice by using a vacuum cleaner and pressured air. The filter maintains its level of performance.....

Once you have one of these filters in your hands, you'll know that you have quality! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts