The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am installing the adapter style intake in my altima right now. I took everything off already....but I am having a problem with the sensor in front of the airbox. The wires connected to the sensor are too short! I couldn't put the sensor between the adapter and intake because the wires are too short! Help.....should I just leave it in the stock intake duct? Do I really have th put in inside the intake? HELP ME!!!! Thanks.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Plus cut a hole in the filter and plug/mount the sensor into the hole. You don't want the sensor to be ingested into the engine.

·
Nissan-Suzuki-Infiniti
799 Posts
Will this solution help you? Is 2001 similar to the 1996 model year?

Drill three holes at the base of the cone filter and screw on the air temp sensor.

See pic:

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just mounted it close to the filter by the stock location, worked like a charm! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
mrdeucie said:
it has to be somewhere close to the filter. Whether on it or in it. You might want to cut the wire and solder a longer wire on to it.
does it matter what kind of wire you use to extend it?

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Ry said:

does it matter what kind of wire you use to extend it?
I don't think so... copper is copper, right? :D

But you should get a roll of wire that has insulation resistant to engine compartment temps.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
altise said:
I'm having issues with printroom. . .i can get nothing but a thumbnail to display so if you want a pic of the WAI install, let me know. . .I'll be glad to send it to you.
yeah go ahead and email them to me... thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's a 2000 SE 5 Speed, with every option except ABS and leather. I have just over 32k miles on it and I have had the WAI on the car since day 1. . .no problems, no check lights. . .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts