The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i was siting at a red light and i was really bored and i was just puting it in 1 and 2 i do have an auto.So the i guess i left it in 1st . I was in the right lane and need to get to the left so i steped on it and it bounced of the rev limiter atleast twice. The quistion is could anything happen to my car that i couldnt hear the car sounds fine but i wanna just make sure i didnt screw anything up.

·
105hp OWNS
391 Posts
Rev limiter is there to make sure nothing goes BOOM. You should be fine dont worry. I have friends that hit the rev limiter over and over for fun. My advice though dont do that.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
I bounce mine off its 7000 RPM limiter almost every day !!! It will not hurt anything as long as your engine is in good shape to begin with !!!

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
mrdeucie said:
I think the redline on a first gen is 6500.

Actualy it is 6200 .....

·
Registered
69 Posts
hey my friend has a '9? shadow w/V6 and he always downshifts and up shifts and crap like that. He has already gone through 2 tranies im no tranmission expert but I would advize not doin that. But my friend is a dumbass and keeps doin it anyway.

·
X Factor
546 Posts
My 94 SE redlines at 6500, the limiter hits at about 6700 to 6800, but what do I care, my engine has a 6 month no questions asked warranty and I plan on blowing it up before then... :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts