The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I am getting on the 210 fwy after my last meeting of the day (salesman) and I merge over to the fast lane and I see a familiar looking front end in my rearview. I know its an Infinity but thought it was the 4 door. He is about 10 car lengths behind me and all of a sudden he is on my ass (we are in traffic), we proceed west on the 210 and he moves over a lane and then he's way up the road(not racing yet).We stay on the 210 going west I end up behind him and then he cuts all lanes and hits the fast lane and is gone, I get stuck behind traffic, but when I get an opening I take off after him with wide open fwy in front of me. I take it up to about 120mph and catch up to him then slow down a little, he sees me in the rearview now and moves over and lets me come up next to him(doin about 75 now) as I pass by he gets back behind me and I downshift to 3rd and nail it, hes about 2 car lengths behind me and I stay on it back to about 120 then we hit traffic and have to slow down. Then there is an opening in traffic, we move over and hit it again, he cant gain on me, If anything I pull on him slowly,(damn those coupes are fast). Now I have to get off to take Angeles Crest Hwy the rest of the way home, so I get over and look at him and put my thumbs up and he does the same and we both smile as he passes. My exit is about 2 miles up the road. When I get off there is another G36 coupe in front of me, WTF is up with all the G35s(its the same guy) he is going to take the same road as me for his first time. We get up the road a little and he waves me around him and asks me about the road, so I tell him to pull over, I want to check out his car a little closer. Nice ass ride, fully loaded, GPS and everything. He said he paid 37k came out to 41k after t&l GOOD LAWD THAS ASPENSIVE! Anyway the guy was my age and way cool, he asked to follow me cause he didnt know the road. Sorry for the long story, but I always wondered how fast they were, so there you go !

Oh, buy the way I have the Injen CAI and Mossy performance cat-back exhaust and timing advance. He had an auto !

Take it easy,
E-Dubb

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Sounds similar to a run in I had with a black
"c" coming home from work on I35. Difference
being, I stayed in 4th and we were neck and neck
to 120mph before we hit traffic. I think his was auto...

·
614 Posts
....those g35 coupes r quick...since it was a auto, its around a mid 14 second car stock,......good kill

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I was nervous when I came up to him and hit it, but my baby is no slouch, so I was impressed. Do you know how many horsepower they (G35 coupe)are suppose to be stock ?

·
614 Posts
280hp stock...they r the same as the Z cars minus 7 hp, .but they weigh around 150lbs more

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on, I think he was a little surprised when he couldn't catch the 4 door family hauler !!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice race. I'm still in college and barely make enough income but today, I am proud to say that I picked up my Altima SE and here's the fun part. I am learning how to drive stick.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you buy a new 2003 ?

·
Own Joo
1,205 Posts
yea my dad has the sedan g35, ****ing thing boots man, gotta love RWD on those babies, i can get her to blow sideways off a stop light with tcs off, 14.5 or something in the 1/4 i believe.

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
Excellent story. I've been waiting for one like this. I haven't had anyone in a 3.5 SE 5-spd try me yet but I figured it'd be close. I wish I knew what they did to add so much damn weight to my car.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Steve99gxe said:
yea my dad has the sedan g35, ****ing thing boots man, gotta love RWD on those babies, i can get her to blow sideways off a stop light with tcs off, 14.5 or something in the 1/4 i believe.
Jusy don't try to autocross it. The stupid VDC stability control kills all the fun (you can't turn it completely off).

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
SE-Rious said:
It's those big arse Infiniti emblems...they must weigh
50 lbs a piece...:D

Ahhh, so that's it. :D Debadging is easier than taking out the seats at least.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts