The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
bah humbug
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, heres my problem, i raced an eclipse, it was second gen, the ones that started in like 95 i think, anyway, we raced to 80mph and i was even with him the whole time, but around 55-60 mph, i heard what i believed to be a turbo coming from his car, and he still couldnt get ahead of me, was it a turbo, or did i just hear an intake??,

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
you wouldnt hear the stock turbos spool up. outside my car, I can barely hear my t3/4 spool up at full speed, let alone traffic noise.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
downshifting, or any type of shifting would cause your BOV to snap open, you would hear a hiss or a cough type of sound. if the revs rose, you'd hear the turbo spooling up, but it's a very very tiny turbo on the engine. even with crank walk, the GS-X and the GS-T will walk all over the alty. the RS and the GS are pretty easy kills for the alty stock for stock.

·
Red Sleeper
5,340 Posts
cthunder said:
GS-X and the GS-T will walk all over the alty. the RS and the GS are pretty easy kills for the alty stock for stock.

yeah.....the rs and gs i can take.......but well the gs-t's a totally different story.. especially if it's decked out.

94_se

·
2k Mazda Miata LS
734 Posts
I have a 98 gsx sitting in the garage......... hell in its stock form its a fun car to drive.... def. no comparison to the 1st or 2nd gen alty... I love that car :D

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
2nd gen GS-T/GSX's are slow !!! Well in stock form , from a roll they arent all that special , 205HP and a ton of weight in AWD form ... ..... But yea , they would give a basicly stock 1-2 gen Altima a good spankin ..... Esp. from a stop ....Then they are quick ...!!

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
I'm really tempted to try and race my friend who just had his dad buy him a 2002 GS-T I wanna beat him (he can't race. don't think he's ever done it before) just to **** with him :) Think I could do it since he ain't the best racer in the world?

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
wha? umm no. the last year of the 2g's (which were the last year of the turbo'ed models) was 1999.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts