The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
bah humbug
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of helmet do you need to have when you go to the tracks, and how much do they cost??

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
i've seen a number of diff styles, as long as it meets the track requirements. Mine was $160, but it has graphics. some plain ones were $99. I'm sure you can find a used one or something for pretty cheap

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
I just picked up a motorcycle helmet... it just needs to be snell approved I think SA95. mine was like 110 and it's SA00.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
neil said:
what kind of helmet do you need to have when you go to the tracks, and how much do they cost??
You have no need unless your putting down good numbers.....

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Depends on what track you are running , drags are pretty are usualy pretty lenient ( sic?) , and will alow a pretty inexpensive helmet , but if you are running road Track events you will need a Snell 95 and newer usualy , and the full face Bell I have ran me $210 ....

·
Registered
16 Posts
neil said:
oh, so if you arent quick, like me u dont need a helmet??
Depends where you are and what track. Some tracks require helments even if you run 19 secs in the 1/4. For auto-x and road racing, you need a helmet, or the people sponsering the event are not very safety conscious. check out this place http://www.racerwholesale.com get a full face SA2000 helmet for less than $200. I would buy a cheap helmet..what if you actually end up needing it! :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts