The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lookin for some nice racing rims.. preferably chrome but i dont want 'em to heavy.. 7 or 9 spoke would look nice i think. i looked at the motegi mr7's and i like the look of them but pretty spendy, same w/ the enkei's. let me know if u have seen anything i might have an interest in.. thanks

·
Banned
413 Posts
Dont go with cheap wheels you'll regret it. Wheels as with most things to do with cars are not cheap and to be happy with them your going to have to open the wallet a little. I picked my Enkei's up for $910.00 including tires, shipping and mounting and balenceing of the tires on the wheels, I got them from whealentire.com(I think I spelled it right) I think Enkei's are some of the best wheels you can get with going into the $1000+ for a set of wheels.

·
It's almost over now!!
3,660 Posts
motegi wheels and racing should never be in the same sentace together.

they are VERY heavy for what they are, that and the mr7's are the most overly played line they make. everyone has them!

put your money into your motor/suspension/turbo/n2o before you start trying to shave a few pounds of unsprung weight...

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
light racing wheels and chrome is like an oxymoron....

motegi/enkei are good stuff...they're not cheap...but not expensive...the "medium" in rims. but yea there's lots of wheel weight databases online (don't have n e on me right now).

o yea...chrome = heavy...light/no chrome or heavy/chrome...u have to make ur choices there...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bushdog said:

put your money into your motor/suspension/turbo/n2o before you start trying to shave a few pounds of unsprung weight...
so are you saying i should lower before i go for rims? sprint springs are the ones im lookin at right now.. good/bad reccomendations? and where should i get my struts at cuz i heard u need new ones when u lower.. thanx again

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
bushdog said:
i see your point as far as this thread goes, but in general, I concur. shaving a few pounds of unsprung weight is a matter of throwing out what's unnecessary.. LOL..

as far as race wheels goes... get chrome out of your system.

·
Registered
194 Posts
chrome racing rims :lol: new rims im getting...

·
I keep em comin back.....
3,205 Posts
OZ's will break your bank big time!!!! If you are concerned about costs that is, you get what you pay for unless you happen to find a solid deal on some very nice wheels. Forget chrome!!!! I have Racing Harts, too many on here have enkei's it's like a trend that got started, not really one of my favs, but others here like em. If you really trying to save you can go here: www.gotwheelsandtires.com free shipping on all wheels and tires.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts