The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Now that was just ghey...
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a RACTIVE are filter?? (just the filter)?
I need to know how to put it on. Do you still need that screen/plate
in the stock filter box? Can you take out the nuts on the screen?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I have a ractive heatshield filter. You are going to need a maf adapter plate to install.

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
I love my Ractive filter, you will need the adapter plate. Plus I have the Ractive 9mm yellow wires.

·
"Member"
146 Posts
hmmm...might have to try ractive out....what's better k&n or ractive? i'm not looking for the sound...i could care less as long as it makes my car run better.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Ractive uses a k&n type filter element, its just surrounded by a heatshield. You can get the heatshield in different colors too.(red, blue, yellow, chrome, carbon fiber)

·
boosted
467 Posts
Yeah I got a ractive intake and it sounds badass. You can even hear the valves open and close at WOT! To install it, remove the entire airbox and use it as a paperweight. The nuts on the screen inside the airbox are actually welded into that metal plate. You can't get them out. I just got 4 screws and nuts from pepboys to bolt on the adapter. It's real easy, only a 10 minute job.

·
hard on equipment
862 Posts
Where did you guys get the extension? I have the OBX intake with an APC filter (which works fine for now, I may get a K&N later), and it's set up the same way.

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
5,862 Posts
I just ordered that plate for the Ractive air filter....on the second generation altimas theres that air flow tube...it has that little wire attached to it...does anyone know what that does??? It's right next to the battery on the right side of it...I have no idea what it does and I don't want to remove it and then my car quits working or something blows up...help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts