The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Cobra Kai Never Dies!
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace my radiator, It has a 3 inch crack right below the radiator cap that squirts coolant onto my exhaust manifold when the engine gets warmed up. That coolant burns on the exhaust manifold and white smoke billows from under my hood.
My question is if there is a difference between the radiators for autos and manuals. I have already picked up my replacement radiator and it has two holes at the bottom that the service manual says are for the oil cooler hoses(on an auto). I do not have an auto, I have a manual and cannot see those holes on the bottom of the cracked radiator that is in the car. I haven't been able to look very close at the cracked radiator, but are there two different radiators or do I have to seal those holes somehow before installling the new radiator?

·
Cobra Kai Never Dies!
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is embarassing being stopped at a a stop light and everyone is staring at your smoking car.

So I don't need to worry about the holes, just install it and basically ignore them. Thank you Shawn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.