The Nissan Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the beeping that I hear in the base radio when changing the settings can be turned off? It really bugs me and is very loud if the volume is cranked up and you are adjusting the settings. I couldn't find anything about this in the owners manual. I bought a Sony deck years ago that beeped like the Altima radio (not through the speakers) and it could be turned off by holding down some of the buttons.

·
Registered
173 Posts
yeah I know it is soooo annoying. I don't think there is a way to turn it off though if it is not mentioned in the manual. If you find out how to turn it off though tell me :)

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
e-squared said:
Well if you read the owner's manual, it warns you not to tune the radio when you are driving. Full attention must be applied to controlling the vehicle.
yeah ok... so if i see you looking down while driving cuz that fry fell......

or looking at your passenger to talk......

·
Banned
0 Posts
ICAltima said:
Does anyone know if the beeping that I hear in the base radio when changing the settings can be turned off? It really bugs me and is very loud if the volume is cranked up and you are adjusting the settings. I couldn't find anything about this in the owners manual. I bought a Sony deck years ago that beeped like the Altima radio (not through the speakers) and it could be turned off by holding down some of the buttons.
The beep is the same volume no matter how loud you put the volume. Just live with it, how often do you actually changes your settings anyway...

(This means that I have no clue ):D

·
NO LIFE POSTER
252 Posts
Radio Beep

Does anyone know what wire to disconnect to make the radio stop beeping whenever you press the bass, treble, etc keys? I could not really fine the answer in the car audio section?

·
Future Z Driver
215 Posts
e-squared said:
Well if you read the owner's manual, it warns you not to tune the radio when you are driving. Full attention must be applied to controlling the vehicle.
So that's why they put the stereo controls on the steering wheel, huh? :rolleyes:

You gotta wonder sometimes about how incredibly stupid some of those disclaimers are. But I guess Nissan has to cover its ass in case some idiot has a wreck while changing the radio station...

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm guessing he did it because 02silver2.5l posted his question about the radio beeping in the middle of a thread on the same topic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.