The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was out causing trouble, as always, and I walked out my brothers house to go to my car when I noticed my taillights weren't on, but my headlights were and sidemarkers. I drove it home with my girlfriend in the passenger seat (being car sick) becuase of my driving skills, we were on coutnry roads windy adn perfect for driving and cornering blah blah... anyway I got home checked the fuse adn noticed the taillight fuse was blown changed it (with the car off) and turned the headlights on, the fuse blew went through 5 at least, the my dad said check the stereo so I unplugged it and sure enough it worked taillights and everything. So now I ask you guys how do you hook up the damn radio? I also traced it to a little orange wire I'm guessing a dimmer wire for the factory radio, it wont work w/it plugged up, but if you put it on the black, red or even yellow where does this mystrious orange wire go? What do I plug it into? Did I mess something up badly? Or should I take it to get it fixed by a professional. And to think I want to start my very own car audio business, it won't go over so well if shit like this happens. Pplease dont bash me to badly. fi you have a wiring diagram of the stereo schematics, please send or post them.

Brian

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's what happened. I didnt install this radio and not saying I'm perfect, but the guys at Independence Audio and Video, a local stereo shop in my area, wired teh grounds and the Orange /Dimmer switch together, so when I turned on the headlights, it would try to dim the stereo through the grounds didnt work, blew the fuse so I took it apart and fixed it myself capped the Dimmer Wire and took teh main ground lead off the stereo and grounded it to the cigarette lighter! A lil' elbow grease and I had it fixed. Thanks for your help helix031

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts