The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 3.5SE with a stock radio. The radio seems to work, I can pick stations etc, turn volume up and down, but there is never any sound that comes out of the speakers

Any ideas what could be wrong? maybe an amplifier fuse somewhere? I looked at the mirror/audio and woofer fuses under the dash, they are both good

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Either the plug in the back came loose or the built in amp is dying.. I think mine is on the way too. one speaker stops working then starts again a few min later.
I reseated the plugs, but as you'd imagine that didn't do anything

So just to confirm, there is no external amplifier in this car? Does anyone have a known good factory radio kicking around? :)

·
VQ'D Sleeper
337 Posts
I had the same issue with two former cars. You need a new stereo IMO. Speakers are prob fine.

·
slowly losing my sanity..
2,211 Posts
were you ever able to hear music or did you buy the car like that? if it has been like that since you bought it, have you looked under the rear deck from the trunk to make sure the previous owner didn't take the speakers out? not likely, but you never know...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
were you ever able to hear music or did you buy the car like that? if it has been like that since you bought it, have you looked under the rear deck from the trunk to make sure the previous owner didn't take the speakers out? not likely, but you never know...
lol yeah it worked fine until this weekend

I'm going to scour ebay, I suppose. I saw a lot of them on there.

Oh just to clarify, if I had a Bose head unit it would clearly say "BOSE" on it somewhere right? I saw one that looked just like mine on ebay, but the description said it was bose. I don't want to buy the wrong thing!

·
Registered
80 Posts
You weren't helping someone move this weekend were you? Then, while putting a box in the trunk, it whacked one of the speaker connections and cracked it? So now a bare speaker wire has grounded out, and is causing the sound to completely cut out on all speakers, not just the one with the damaged connection? So now it works fine sometimes, and then for some unknown reason it will cut out completely, especially when driving over bumps?

Don't ask how I know this... :sad:

·
Dave Matthews Enthusiast
1,085 Posts

·
Dave Matthews Enthusiast
1,085 Posts
^^^ It probably is. The CD6 means it's a 6 disc cd changer, you may not have that. Take a pic and post it up so I can see.

·
New Owner
2 Posts
You weren't helping someone move this weekend were you? Then, while putting a box in the trunk, it whacked one of the speaker connections and cracked it? So now a bare speaker wire has grounded out, and is causing the sound to completely cut out on all speakers, not just the one with the damaged connection? So now it works fine sometimes, and then for some unknown reason it will cut out completely, especially when driving over bumps?

Don't ask how I know this... :sad:

Dude I had the exact same problem and your solution worked...
Thanks a lot!!!

·
New Owner
2 Posts
To the original poster:
I would really look for a short to ground along the speaker lines. The most likely place is a wire touching the speaker frame but it could also be somewhere else. This is most likely your problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 97 Sentra GXE with a deck that was just put in. My previous after market deck worked but the buttons seemed to be backwards. When I pushed the mode key it would turn it off. The new deck will turn on and all the keys work but when I turn the volume up past 7 it glitches out as if I was listening to a scratched up CD. If I turn the volume back down it works again. Any ideas??

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey i'm new here. from what it sounds like is the speakers are not connected properly. Did you solder the wires or used tape?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts