The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was on my way to school and when i hit the brakes the radio shut of and my speedo needle moved sparaticaly for a second. after that the same thing happened all the way to school and i hear the engine whne coming from i guess the speakers. what is going on, i assume its a wiring problem but its been months since i last played around with the wires.........if anyone has any hints or ideas please let me know. thank you

·
DJ QUIK
813 Posts
hey man, I had this same exact problem last month. after days of trying to figure it out and finding nothing i took it in. it turned out to be a short as well as a problem with the main charging wire. I have my suspicions that the short was near the fuse box. check around there. i will look at my invoice when i get home to tell you exactly what it was. ended up costing about 350. eek! search my name for the threads i made about it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool let me know what the invoice says i will check behind the fuse box. when you hit your brakes did the dashboard lights also flick everytime you hit it. but on my way home from school it didnt have the problem so i guess i just have to go look

·
DJ QUIK
813 Posts
captainsteve25 said:
cool let me know what the invoice says i will check behind the fuse box. when you hit your brakes did the dashboard lights also flick everytime you hit it. but on my way home from school it didnt have the problem so i guess i just have to go look
yeah, the tach and everything would just drop off like nothing. when you have the car off but in the acc position and you tap the brake does the dome light dim alot and the radio turn off eberytimr then?

·
Grrr >_<
113 Posts
i had that same problem but my battery started to leak, are you pushing an amp? if so i think your pushing it too hard or whatever is hooked up to it. what happen with me was i changed the battery and it was that, it was the alternator. soo check if you got something thats pushing your battery too hard cuz sooner or later its gunna **** up your engine bay with acid and yoru alternator is gunna go.

hope i helped!

neil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts