The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3.5SE with a single CD unit. When I play my CDs, I usually set my volume control at around 5, but when I play my radio stations, I have to increase the volume control to at least 10+ to have an equivalent level of sound. If I switch from radio stations to CD and forgot to turn down the volume, it usually scare the crap out of my passengers =)

Are anyone of you having the same problem? Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
AltiGuy said:
I have a 3.5SE with a single CD unit. When I play my CDs, I usually set my volume control at around 5, but when I play my radio stations, I have to increase the volume control to at least 10+ to have an equivalent level of sound. If I switch from radio stations to CD and forgot to turn down the volume, it usually scare the crap out of my passengers =)

Are anyone of you having the same problem? Is this normal?
I have the same thing with my car. So i guess its normal.

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
man i always leave my volume at 10+....then again i guess thas y my ears are always ringing...

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,269 Posts
Normal for all in general..any I have ever had. The difference is my MR2 is Night and day

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
That is the signal to noise ratio difference. It will be like that for 99% of the aftermarket units out there too. A cd is a lot more crisp and the signal is usually 10db higher that broadcast signals.

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
normal... notice how a song that you have on cd sounds better with more base and much clearer, rather then it being played on the radio...

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
Mine, too - aftermarket Panasonic head unit and CD changer. The question is, then, why don't the manufacturers compensate for this in the head units? They couldn't with FM modulated, of course.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
kierandill said:
Mine, too - aftermarket Panasonic head unit and CD changer. The question is, then, why don't the manufacturers compensate for this in the head units? They couldn't with FM modulated, of course.
A few do.. my pioneer does, it's labeled SLA (source level adjust) in the menu.. you can adjust each other source up or down relative to radio..

..but it can't adjust for recording level.. some CD's are just recorded louder than others.. <shrug>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts