The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know what you had done to your car so far? I wanted to take my 1991 Sentra E 4SPD and see what I could run at Capitol Raceway. I retarded my timing (thinking I was advancing it) and ran a 17.3 the first time - that was funny. All I have is a light car - JWT clutch - timing is properly advanced now :) and a Hotshot CAI. I might get some Hotshot headers eventually - but I'd like to see what I can properly run now... Eventually I want to do a SR20DET swap. But thats something I'll start next year end...

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Hey KeVQ35:

When is the next time you're going to Capital? I used to live in Laurel and now I'm about 20 miles west. Do you ever cruise out 32 towards Clarksville?

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
im trying to make it to capitol this friday if your down. im waiting on my header though if i dont get it theres a chance i wont go. but anyways:
including the header to go on,
i have 60 shot wet
pr cai
2.25 exhaust (arospeed)
ran best 15.0 with 2.2 60 footers(thats with no suspension mods)
not having the header is killing me, like my buddy said i have the bottle neck affect going.
but ill keep in touch if you want to go this friday ill see, hopefully header gets installed

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Ramses said:
im trying to make it to capitol this friday if your down. im waiting on my header though if i dont get it theres a chance i wont go. but anyways:
i have 60 shot wet
pr cai
2.25 exhaust (arospeed)
not having the header is killing me, like my buddy said i have the bottle neck affect going.
but ill keep in touch if you want to go this friday ill see, hopefully header gets installed
Cool!!! Let's talk again by this Thursday!

·
1,546 Posts
ms nismo said:
Hey RAMSES i saw it was ur birthday yesterday....happy belated!
Thanks.

·
1,546 Posts
I'll keep in touch. hopefully my package arrives and we can get a group to roll there. see my car run in the 14s;)

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Black Hornet said:
Hey KeVQ35:

When is the next time you're going to Capital? I used to live in Laurel and now I'm about 20 miles west. Do you ever cruise out 32 towards Clarksville?
I'd love to go this Friday (8/30/02) - its been a while since I went to Capitol. I have not returned due to my frustration - TRACTION - has been my biggest problem (60fts 2.4-2.6 netting me around 15 flat times in my Altima). First time I went, I got a 14.9 followed by my best time of 14.59 - ever since its been downhill. I'd love to beat that time in stock form and then I would start modding the car...

Yeah I'm familiar with 32 - I live right off 198...

I'd definitely wanna check out your car. I expect to see your car in www.nissanperformancemag.com if it hasn't been there already - especially with all the work you have done.

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ramses said:
i have 60 shot wet
pr cai
2.25 exhaust (arospeed)
Damn that is a good improvement man. You'd probably take me now - if I don't get a good start... Congrats man - guess you're going for a low to mid 14 second time... At least you'll be consistent - wish I was...

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
KeVQ35 said:
I expect to see your car in www.nissanperformancemag.com if it hasn't been there already - especially with all the work you have done.
It looks like I may finally be getting my cam gears installed, the bad news it that the install may be this Thursday or Friday. I've been trying to have these things installed going on the 3rd week now. I'll keep you posted though, 'cause I may be able to still make a run Friday.

However, I emailed nissan performance magazine about a feature on my car. They emailed back and said "Absolutely". Thanks for the heads-up on the website man, I did'nt even think they'd respond, let alone so quickly. I'll keep you guys posted. :cool:

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pr0lifik said:
mid, low 14s? that is impossible with just a header+ his current mods
I was referring to his future goal as far as mods go - when I said "guess you're going for a low to mid 14 second time..." - I was thinking about Rick's times that I normally see in Racing Stories... I know he(Rick) has a bigger shot - so I didn't expect him(Ramses) to get low to mid 14s...

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Black Hornet said:

It looks like I may finally be getting my cam gears installed, the bad news it that the install may be this Thursday or Friday. I've been trying to have these things installed going on the 3rd week now. I'll keep you posted though, 'cause I may be able to still make a run Friday.

However, I emailed nissan performance magazine about a feature on my car. They emailed back and said "Absolutely". Thanks for the heads-up on the website man, I did'nt even think they'd respond, let alone so quickly. I'll keep you guys posted. :cool:
Oh no problem Black Hornet. I knew they'd definitely be interested in doing a feature on a turbo'd alty - way to represent the 1ST generation.

·
Gone but not forgotten
369 Posts
:confused: Ramses: Where is that spot you said you and your car club meet at? I rolled to Manasses maybe a week or two after I talked to you at the mall and it was dead up there. I havent been there in almost two years and I thought it was still up and poppin there but I guess its dead just like Metro. I still cant wait to see the mods on your car maybe I can get some ideas from you. ;)

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
KeVQ35 said:

Oh no problem Black Hornet. I knew they'd definitely be interested in doing a feature on a turbo'd alty - way to represent the 1ST generation.
Cam gear install is in progress. Have to take a raincheck on Capital! :( We'll hook-up another time!

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Black Hornet said:

Cam gear install is in progress. Have to take a raincheck on Capital! :( We'll hook-up another time!
Hey its all good man. Looks kind of overcast today, like it may rain. I didn't check the weather.

·
1,546 Posts
str8altima said:
:confused: Ramses: Where is that spot you said you and your car club meet at? I rolled to Manasses maybe a week or two after I talked to you at the mall and it was dead up there. I havent been there in almost two years and I thought it was still up and poppin there but I guess its dead just like Metro. I still cant wait to see the mods on your car maybe I can get some ideas from you. ;)
It was probably when everyone was at nopi. people usaully dont show up till 8 or 9pm, too. but i dont go up there anymore because car club suspended me(not supposed to go there), so im quiting because they pissed me off. their car club isnt for me. i rather start rolling with people who hook up fast cars and chill together but not really have an official club. more like a team who build cars.

·
1,546 Posts
im not going to capital friday due to slow ass hotshot.:angry2: ill get my header next week hopefully and go then.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts