The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you experienced a random continuous chiming (sounds like morse code) while driving? We thought it was my phone, turned it off, when it fully shut down (I have a iPhone 5s with most recent iOS) the chiming stopped. Turned it back on, nothing, then in another 15 miles, it started up again. Went and pulled over, and it was still doing it a few seconds after I turned the car off. No indications of anything on my dash.

I find it weird because I am taking my car in on Tuesday for them to figure out WHY they cannot reprogram the first key fob. They think it's electrical. Could that be why?? New battery and nothing works...you can drive the car but you can't lock or open the doors or trunk. My other key fob is fine.

Looked through the owners manual and even googled and I am drawing a blank. Any ideas?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm. I wasn't turning when it started, this never happened before...strange. I'm calling my dealership tomorrow...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hmm. I wasn't turning when it started, this never happened before...strange. I'm calling my dealership tomorrow...
Is it a faint, whistling or almost like a beeping noise? If so, kind of like the link I posted, they have a service bulletin out to minimize the noise. You can take your car to the dealer to have that fixed. It won't completely remove it, but will weaken the noise to a minimum.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it a faint, whistling or almost like a beeping noise? If so, kind of like the link I posted, they have a service bulletin out to minimize the noise. You can take your car to the dealer to have that fixed. It won't completely remove it, but will weaken the noise to a minimum.
Beeping, and I was doing 60 on the freeway... I think I found the # TSB 13-017a??

My service advisor is pretty good but I have a feeling he won't able to replicate it as this stopped after the second time and hasn't done it since.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it stopped with the phone it is most likely the phone.
That's just it. The second time it didn't. Sorry I didn't make mention of it. Plus the sound was not coming from the phone, but it sounded like the passenger side, or the center of the car but not quite the console.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That's just it. The second time it didn't. Sorry I didn't make mention of it. Plus the sound was not coming from the phone, but it sounded like the passenger side, or the center of the car but not quite the console.
And this only happens at highway speed right? I've known plenty of highways (and I drive on a lot unfortunately) that make a very specific whine like noise on the tires. more like a WEEEEeeeee.....WEEEEEeee....Weeeee... etc etc etc.

Or is it more like a notification type beep type, like getting a text, an app, or a door open chime.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And this only happens at highway speed right? I've known plenty of highways (and I drive on a lot unfortunately) that make a very specific whine like noise on the tires. more like a WEEEEeeeee.....WEEEEEeee....Weeeee... etc etc etc.

Or is it more like a notification type beep type, like getting a text, an app, or a door open chime.
Definitely more like a notification type beep, but repeatedly and sounds like morse code.

·
Registered
383 Posts
It sounds like a whistle as was stated before I would check the side mirrors for the window noise other owners have had. I'd check with the guys that have had the wind noise and see of its that's

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ok I reread ur post I thought it happened while driving. What about shutting the radio completely off is the noise still there? Or stereo and phone off could be an interference with the speakers and the phone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I don't think it was window noise to be honest.

I forgot to update. They couldn't figure it out...ran diagnostics, and everything. So far it hasn't done that weird morse code crap since then. I'm afraid to drive down south because it happened TWICE over the same bridge they are doing construction on...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lol I had a random beeping going on in my 2015 SL and it was actually the feature that detects when you cross over a line in the road. Pretty good feature I must say

·
Registered
193 Posts
Do you have NAV? If so there is a setting in there that will alert you at certain MPH's over the speed limit and it will beep. There is also one that will tell you when the speed limit's change. These are in the settings, not sure if this is what you are referring to, but its worth a try!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Do you have NAV? If so there is a setting in there that will alert you at certain MPH's over the speed limit and it will beep. There is also one that will tell you when the speed limit's change. These are in the settings, not sure if this is what you are referring to, but its worth a try!
Pretty neat feature but would sound annoying since I'm almost always the speed limit.. they should put like a 5 mph buffer.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, no NAV. Still no chimes since driving over that bridge. I still have a theory that there was some sort of weird interference with the work on there. What...I don't know.

Not sure how they ran the diagnostic, either...

·
New Guy
61 Posts
There is definitely a whine from the electronic steering…despite a new wiring harness and other adjustments by two dealerships….it's noticeable at low speeds and when you are going straight without turning the wheel. Makes me a little crazy.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is definitely a whine from the electronic steering…despite a new wiring harness and other adjustments by two dealerships….it's noticeable at low speeds and when you are going straight without turning the wheel. Makes me a little crazy.
If you're still under warranty I would take it back. That doesn't sound right.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts