The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this post is equal parts rant and rave.

:angry2: first, screw Nissan for not making all the BOSE head units the same. I have been on a quest to get aux input capability on my stock headunit that has turned up nothing but dead ends.

:) now, the rave. Thanks to Mike over at Active Tuning for making the attempt to wire my '03 head unit for aux input. not only does my head unit not have the plug already, but it is also missing some stuff that Mike needed to be able to custom wire it. he's waiting on a schematic to see if there's anything else he can do. Thanks Mike and AT....you just can't go wrong with their products or services!!

lastly, i'm making another plea to anyone out there with an '02 BOSE Head Unit that would be interested in trading/selling it to me.

·
Hispanic Causin Panic
1,747 Posts
hey scosch makes one , you can buy it at walmart, lol. all u have to do is run negative and positive leads from both rear speakers to the scosch and it gives you 2 aux inputs so you can hook up an amp or whatever. i used ot on my alty and it works just fine .

also u have to run a ground wire , but thats easy as pie.

·
Lite Brite Disposal Tech
1,724 Posts
MightyMouseAltima said:
hey scosch makes one , you can buy it at walmart, lol. all u have to do is run negative and positive leads from both rear speakers to the scosch and it gives you 2 aux inputs so you can hook up an amp or whatever. i used ot on my alty and it works just fine .

Other way around buddy.

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
shorteeguy21 said:
Hey man i still have my OEM bose headunit from my 03 ALtima if u intrested in buying it just lemme know.
Does it have the black DIN plug on the back? Or just a gaping hole?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
There is one on ebay, can't really tell from the picture if its got the plug on the back. It does look like it has the black background with orange lighting instead of the orange background that they changed it to, so it may be a 2002.

Here is the ebay link, they don't guarantee is works though. Even if it didn't work maybe you could use some parts in it to make yours work if it the price doesn't go too high.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7920148478&category=43948&sspagename=WDVW

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
MightyMouseAltima said:

Yeah, what you're talking about is a line output converter. You use this to hook up a an amplifier using a factory system....it basically makes a pre-out for RCA's...but not an auxiliary input.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the only thing is that the guy says in the information that they're not even guaranteed to work. they got caught in the rain.

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
Does anyone have just the Bose plastic face plate that they would be willing to sell me? I took the face plate off and broke the little plastic clips on mine and Id like to replace it with a new one

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
chrisschnider said:
There is one on ebay, can't really tell from the picture if its got the plug on the back. It does look like it has the black background with orange lighting instead of the orange background that they changed it to, so it may be a 2002.

Here is the ebay link, they don't guarantee is works though. Even if it didn't work maybe you could use some parts in it to make yours work if it the price doesn't go too high.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7920148478&category=43948&sspagename=WDVW
Just making sure you read the disclosure of this stereo before you attempt to bid on it bro...

We have purchased a bulk load of car stereos, unfortunately on the way to our facility they were caught in a rain storm, some water was able to get inside the box, so our owner decided to sell them all as-is and not attempt to test them. So we will be listing just under 200 Factory Radios at a starting bid of $9.99 with no reserve. You may get a great deal and it work perfect or it may not.Any physical flaws will be noted above. We do have the Vin# available for all radios if needed for a theftlock. Thanks! There are no refunds or guarantee on these. Good Luck!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i saw that. i'm waiting for the guy to reply to me. hey Shortee, did you get my PM about checking yours out?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it allows an external audio source to be run through the stereo. in my case, i'm trying to use my Ipod with a direct line in to the stereo. i have an FM modulator that streams it to my radio, but you lose a lot of quality diong that

1 - 20 of 47 Posts