The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced a terrible rattle in the driver's door when the window glass is down? When you close the door with the window down, it sounds like a bunch of wrenches have been left in there from the factory.

When the glass is up, there is NO NOISE OR RATTLE AT ALL!

I'm getting tired of having to take the car back to the dealer who is 75 miles away...one way.

Also, I ordered my car (it took 3 months) and you would think that the service department would have checked out a door rattle noice.

Why would you think that my special ordered car had 10 miles on it when I took delivery? Any ideas?????

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My passenger front door nor the other two back doors make this rattleing sound when shut with the glass down. Go outside when you get a chance and see if yours makes this sound .

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
ceg said:

Why would you think that my special ordered car had 10 miles on it when I took delivery? Any ideas?????
The salesman most likely took it when he went for lunch(greasy burger) before delivery. Look for the burger stains.

I saw mine being delived off the truck and it had 3KM when I picked it up.

10 Miles is nothing don't worry about it.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
23,056 Posts
Down

Not if it is all of the way down, partially....yes...it will shake around. You should hear my mr2. It is either all the way up or all of the way down

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
door rattles

What I'm saying is that if I had heard my door rattles before I bought the car, the car would still have been on the dealers lot ...right now. Only one of four doors rattles.

If you guys will go outside and lower all four of your door glasses, then open and shut all for doors, you will understand what I am saying.

I get three solid thuds and one rattle like nothing is even remotely bolted down. When the windows are up, all four sound exactly alike, which is a solid sounding thud.

Thanks!

·
X-Mod
6,895 Posts
Re: door rattles

ceg said:
What I'm saying is that if I had heard my door rattles before I bought the car, the car would still have been on the dealers lot ...right now. Only one of four doors rattles.

If you guys will go outside and lower all four of your door glasses, then open and shut all for doors, you will understand what I am saying.

I get three solid thuds and one rattle like nothing is even remotely bolted down. When the windows are up, all four sound exactly alike, which is a solid sounding thud.

Thanks!
OK, you made me go out into the freezing cold. The pass. door has the same rattle when it is closed, but it is not as loud and awful-sounding as the dr. door for some reason. When I ever get around to doing my door panels, I'll find out what it is! (maybe tomorrow)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I actually had that same problem with my drivers side door on my '99 Maxima. When I would have the window half open and shut the door, it would sound like the window is held on with nothing.
When I got tints, the tint guy told me that the driver side window had to be adjusted because the window could be moved up and down with his hand which shouldn't happen. However, I never got around to fixing/adjusting the window at the dealer but it wasn't a major problem for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My other three doors are as soild as a rock when the glasses are down but the driver's door is awful! I do not think that it is a design flaw but a part left off or bolts not tightened or something.

·
Registered
377 Posts
You may have to run the mileage if its that bad. Unless you are
OK with pulling the door panels yourself for a check. On my
98 Alty, both front door windows rattled like crazy when part
way down. Finally couldnt take it any longer and ran to the
dealer. They said a notice was out on that, and fixed it at no cost.
On the 02..no shake that I can recall....One more thing you can do
leave the glass up and turn on the air!!!.......:D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.