The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Q-Racing
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2day i went ova a pile a snow in a parkin lot wen i was in long island, wen i got home in queens i noticed wen i went ova a bump or was breakin hard u would hear a rattle from the car, i put the car in neutral and den baq into drive and heard the rattle while the tranny was shiftin, dont tink it is noting w/ the tranny though cause i look under and didnt see noting wrong. is the rattle from the exhuast comin loose??? can u help me out cause it is annoyin and it is to cold for me to jack up car and get under and really look

thx

·
Auto Tech
4,743 Posts
or those little rings that hold the downpipe to the car, those rusted off my car and were ringing around makin noise...

·
87 octane evangelist
317 Posts
ross said:
or those little rings that hold the downpipe to the car, those rusted off my car and were ringing around makin noise...
ditto.

·
Tristate Pimp
153 Posts
yeah it's the heat shield it happened to me before

·
'96 Max SE loaded
1,307 Posts
ross said:
yea, could be that, but when mine went out it only made noise upon acceleration, i dont know, you coulda ****ed them up worse than mine were

·
Am I still a NOOB?
2,082 Posts
233kaltima said:
yea, could be that, but when mine went out it only made noise upon acceleration, i dont know, you coulda ****ed them up worse than mine were

·
2003.5 g35 :)
417 Posts
heat sheld.. its the silver metal thing, its prolly loose.. orrr it might be a metal clamp loose.. holding the exhaust pipe or somethin

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the same problem, and after searching here I found this thread and when I looked under my car, i found that my problem was one of those clamp\rings was broken off the exhaust. I only hear the noise when going over bumps and stuff. I want to fix it before something worse happens, like the exhaust comes off alltogether... so does anyone know what the clamps are actually called or a part number or anything... im not sure if they are universal or made for a specific car. and lastly if its somthing i could do myself or if it needs to be taken in for a welding?

·
Dog Days Are Over
1,947 Posts
it doesn't affect anything if its the heatshield clamps. Just go to your local muffler shop. They took mine off with a torch. Charged me 5.00, took all of 2 mins.

·
Nissan Altima 1993...
219 Posts
It mit have a lil hole around the pipe like the pipe next to the headers under ur car check it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts